Exostar - Solid Growth Company | Glassdoor

"Solid Growth Company"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Exostar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing business in Pharma and Aerospace & Defense

Cons

Highly Technical Environment with tight deadlines and little room for error

Advice to Management

Hire more employees

Other Employee Reviews for Exostar

"Great place to work, until a power play by certain executive mades it an uncomfortable work environement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Pros

Good people, good benefits, and the ability to work from home at times.

Cons

The top executive most the environment uncomfortable with a lack of transparency and closed door decisions. He often plays favorites with people he 'likes' making the work environement uncomfortable for those he 'dislikes', regardless of ability or performance.

Advice to Management

Loosen the purse strings, show the employee's that they matter and are valued. Allow for more visibility into senior management decisions and provide better annual raises based on performance. Giving everyone at the company a standard percentage is not fair, especially when some employee's use sick leave as vacation on a weekly basis.

2. "I think current management is doing a good job in trying to develop confidence with the larger Defense industry players"

Former Employee - Analyst in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Herndon, VA

Pros

The Benefits and work life balance are unlike any company I have worked for. I have never worked for a company as flexible as this when it comes to taking time off. When I needed time off for an emergency, they were very understanding.

Cons

Since it is a small company, it needs to go public in order for people to advance significiantly in their careers. The company will need to grow at a tremendous rate to become public.

Advice to Management

I think the current management was placed in a difficult position because of problems with the strategy pursued by prior managers. I think they need to work towards making bigger defense industry players comfortable in using Exostar.