Expedia Group - Expedia cruise sales | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Expedia cruise sales"

Former Employee - Cruise Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Cruise Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Expedia Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back office atmosphere, good crew of people to work around, good reimbursement program for fitness and travel

Cons

Earning commission is based on luck of the incoming calls, supervisors are nice but overall arent too helpful

Advice to Management

CHANGE COMMISSION STRUCTURE

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Market associate"

Pros

Great work and life balance; good benefit. A lot of internal transfer opportunities. Well paid compared with other firms in the industry

Cons

Sales can be frustrated; there are tough situations. Limited support from upper management. Other than this not much to complaint.

"Expedia local expert"

Current Employee - Expedia Local Expert in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Expedia Local Expert in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Expedia Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company really does seem to value employees, pay isn’t too bad (the potential is there to earn a decent amount if you’re actually good with people and know you’re area well), and benefits are pretty good. Management varies in effectiveness, but my over all experience has been positive, and I feel valued in my current position.

Cons

It’s hard (in my opinion) to get going at first. There’s a lot of information to know, and a complex system to learn. Once you do that though it’s easy to make the system work for you and benefit from it. Also, this seems to be more of a job targeted by younger people so I’ve seen some teams have needless drama. Management seems to handle it well. I should point out that that is the exception, and not the rule; most teams work wonderfully together.

Advice to Management

Some management members are quick to jump on you for your mistakes and overlook your successes...yeah, stop doing that. Everyone makes mistakes, but when you beat someone down for that you’ll also diminish their confidence and therefore their ability to preform well for you. The majority of my experience with management has been positive, that’s the only thing I’d like to see change as everyone would greatly benefit. Handle mistakes with guidance, but focus on the positive and you’ll get more positive.

Discover more reviews about Expedia Group.