Expedia Group - enterprise engineering company: big, friendly, stable, slow | Glassdoor

"enterprise engineering company: big, friendly, stable, slow"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Expedia Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are kind, smart and hard working The programs are well thought out and there does seem to be strategic leadership Solid benefits.

Cons

Like any huge enterprise, change is slow and new initiatives and new thinking takes a long time.

Advice to Management

The whole Job Rank thing was not mentioned during my interview process, nor did I see it in any of my offer information. Once hired, however, I understood how the job rank constrains opportunity for career growth. I imagine that you think most people would assume that is how your internal processes work - but for those of us coming from companies with fewer than 10k people, it is new and different. I would recommend... that you be more transparent about these details during the interview process.

Expedia Group2019-02-04
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Business Development Manager

I worked at Expedia Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are looking for an above avg salaries and good work-life balance, this place is for you.

Cons

It could get bored/not challenging after spending few years there.

Expedia Group2019-12-04
  2. "good place to work, if you only want to work"

Former Employee - Database Developer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Expedia Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good benefits, they had a good health plan, and offer good benefits for paternity/maternity and paid parking. lots of company sponsored lunches, events. Good communication from executive team, ample of townhalls and email communication. awesome holiday party and halloween celebrations.

Cons

upward mobility is difficult, if you do not mix around with the right folks and get along with them. a lot of secrecy in decision making, even in simple things like approach to a project. seems like they want people to just agree and do what is told, without understanding anything :( . middle management is only concerned about keeping up their appearances with upper management, and will sabotage any efforts by the... team members to shine. depending on the team, work life balance can be impossible , but not all teams are like that.

Expedia Group2019-12-04

Discover more reviews about Expedia Group.