Expedia - Lots of Re-Organizations and Turnover | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Expedia

"Lots of Re-Organizations and Turnover"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Expedia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vacation benefits, medical, relaxed environment. The employees are friendly and have varied backgrounds.

Cons

From my experience it can be difficult to work for Expedia and not feel like a guest rather than an employee. Turnover seems to be massive at this company and a lot of people seem to leave at about the two-year mark. There are frequent senior leadership changes which causes attrition in the ranks. New leaders often end up re-organizing entire groups which forces some people out of
work. You can be very happy and well-suited to the job you were hired for and then suddenly come to work one day to find that you are on a new team with a different manager. This new team may have different expectations and work which you are not as suited for. I'd already been through a few re-orgs and then one day I came to work to find HR giving a few of us our walking papers due to yet another impending re-organization. They didn't give us the option of looking for other jobs internally, they simply took our badges and walked us out of the building which was very cold, in my opinion.

I've worked for many large companies and can honestly say that there are more re-organizations
and employee turnover at Expedia than i've ever seen. I understand that re-orgs are a part of corporate life, but this was ridiculous. Be aware of this for anyone re-locating from a long distance to join this company.

Advice to Management

Compensate employees fairly so they do not turnover so often. Also, limit re-organizations which causes attrition. Some managers need to learn to keep work-life balance in check and also treat subordinates with respect and limit yelling or condescending behavior.

Other Employee Reviews for Expedia

"Expedia is an awesome company to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Live and Work balance is outstanding. Great compensation and lots of opportunities for growth.

Cons

Employees don't get awarded any stocks.

Advice to Management

Start giving out stocks!

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- great people; smart, young with high energy
    - good career growth opportunities
    - values star performers

Cons

- too much process for a web based tech company
    - compensation not up to market levels

Advice to Management

Please compensate employees well. I have been with Expedia for 10 years and I know I can get 20-30K more if I move, but still like to work for Expedia for other reasons like travel benefits, people, growth opportunities etc