Expedia - Program manager | Glassdoor

"Program manager"

I worked at Expedia full-time

Pros

They know their business and know their customer. They are flexible and have great travel benefits.

Cons

They should focus on innovation and providing challenging opportunities

Other Employee Reviews for Expedia

1. "Friendly, Laid Back Environment Often Held Back by Indecisive Management"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Friendly environment with lots of nice, helpful people.
    2. Sometimes have interesting projects with cool technologies in AWS, this will be very helpful later in any dev's career.
    3. Flexible work hours and work at home is allowed in moderation.
    4. Good updates from senior management, Mark Okerstrom seems like a good CEO with lots of passion for the travel industry.

Cons

1. At least in my org, priorities change too rapidly and it severely hampers motivation.
    2. There are often huge disconnects between teams which slows down progress and causes lots of redundant work.
    3. Compensation and Benefits are not on par with other large companies in the area.
    4. Sometimes very political with middle management not totally in touch with what developers are doing and how they feel.
    5. The single biggest issue for me is that on my team, velocity of work is not tracked at all. I don't think lower/middle management has a clue who is producing and who is not.

Advice to Management

Please try to stick to the plan more often. Take more time to come up with a plan if needed. As developers "doing the work", it is very demotivating and frustrating when we work on so many short term projects as it makes it difficult to see a longer term vision.

"I'm here for the long haul"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Expedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing employee benefits
    We sell a very cool product - travel
    Opportunity for growth; you are encouraged to apply to roles within the company
    Our new Chicago office has a space for your every need (sit/stand desk, a library, phone booths, conference rooms, big couches and chaise lounges, amazing support staff, etc.)

Cons

While being part of a global company is amazing, teams tend to be organized by function rather than region so some employees have no direct coworkers here in the Chicago office. Some teams lack senior leadership in the office so we sometimes feel forgotten about.
    We are so big that sometimes it can take a while to find the answer you are seeking.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve access to employee resources
    Hire Egencia senior leaders in Chicago