Expedia - Fast paced, fun, challenging work | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Expedia

"Fast paced, fun, challenging work"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for growth in my role, interesting projects, can wfh when needed, good benefits. I love that our work impacts customers so quickly and directly!

Cons

Cubicle areas continue to get smaller with each passing year, and low budget for hardware, morale etc. Having stock award opportunities would also be nice.

Advice to Management

Dara has commented that we want to spend all our dollars making our customers happy. However, if we continue to lose more personal space, the people who can leave will, as many other companies have better work accommodations. The amount of people on each floor is just ridiculous right now. Getting things from the kitchen, going to the bathroom, waiting for the elevator...there's just so many people around it's frustrating trying to get anything done at times. Many other things here make up for it, but everyone I know complains about these same issues.

Other Employee Reviews for Expedia

1. "Best employer!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Growth opportunities are abundant, compensation is exceptional. Work balance with personal life is encouraged and supported. Benefits are great, including travel benefits and many perks. We work hard and are encouraged to enjoy time off as well.

Cons

Personally the only challenge is the distance from my home to the office.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage growth and foster learning within the teams.

"Low appreciation of talent, middle management is terrible."

Former Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Expedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work was interesting, the people are great. Pay and benefits are OK, but there are better-paying opportunities elsewhere..

Cons

Middle management is hit or miss. If you get stuck with a bad manager, you're in for a world of pain. Movement within the company is limited. Not much appreciation for talent, nor much gratitude for hard work.

Advice to Management

Value your taken more than your middle managers. So much wasted time and effort comes from unqualified middle managers who make bad decisions and micro-manage processes they don't understand. Expedia needs an HR department that actually tries to mediate issues that arise from poor management, rather than always assuming managerial infallibility as the guiding rule.