Expedia - Fast paced, fun, challenging work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Expedia

"Fast paced, fun, challenging work"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for growth in my role, interesting projects, can wfh when needed, good benefits. I love that our work impacts customers so quickly and directly!

Cons

Cubicle areas continue to get smaller with each passing year, and low budget for hardware, morale etc. Having stock award opportunities would also be nice.

Advice to Management

Dara has commented that we want to spend all our dollars making our customers happy. However, if we continue to lose more personal space, the people who can leave will, as many other companies have better work accommodations. The amount of people on each floor is just ridiculous right now. Getting things from the kitchen, going to the bathroom, waiting for the elevator...there's just so many people around it's frustrating trying to get anything done at times. Many other things here make up for it, but everyone I know complains about these same issues.

Other Employee Reviews for Expedia

1. "Best employer!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Growth opportunities are abundant, compensation is exceptional. Work balance with personal life is encouraged and supported. Benefits are great, including travel benefits and many perks. We work hard and are encouraged to enjoy time off as well.

Cons

Personally the only challenge is the distance from my home to the office.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage growth and foster learning within the teams.

2. "Glad I came back !!"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Expedia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The People/Talent and the feeling of "Global".
    Walking in to a new position, everyone is very helpful and welcoming. Having worked for large companies before this is not always the case. I was very surprised on my first day how organized it was and welcoming. The benefits are extremely good, flexibility in work schedules, and it's a growing company.

Cons

Haven't seen any so far!!

Advice to Management

There is a lot of room to grow. This is a great company to come to if you want to be a long term employee. Not only are the opportunities available to you locally, but Globally as well. I have been away from Expedia for 10 years and I am so lucky to be able to come back. It has grown significantly, and I hope to finish my career and be able to retire here at Expedia !