Expeditors - Good job, less than average pay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Expeditors

"Good job, less than average pay."

Current Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Expeditors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company values it's employees very much. They spend a lot of time training and helping you develop your skills. Professional atmosphere but also respect a sense of humor. Feels like a family. Job security is pretty good. Expeditors prides itself on not laying off employees just because times are tough.

Cons

Pay is below average from what I've seen. And you need to fight hard to get a raise.

Advice to Management

Research a bit more on what your employees are worth. You'll avoid people leaving and retain more experienced people.

Other Employee Reviews for Expeditors

"The perfect place for a cozy, effortless career."

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Expeditors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you love working in a stuffy, "professional" work environment, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. Very strict professional dress code, which if you haven't worked in one before, the novelty fades very quickly.

The benefits are very good, that is the only thing I miss about the company. Your coworkers are generally very nice, humble and approachable people.

Cons

I quickly determined that there is very little career advancement here, I was hearing that from veteran employees too. Management is frugal with everything, be it expenses, perks, salary or vacation time...don't expect a lot of any. The pay was especially appalling - this isn't a startup, guys. The office is about as drab as you can get, they actually frown on personalizing your desk (example: having a picture of loved ones on your desk MUST be in a frame...really?)
    The work wasn't interesting either, but that might be a personal opinion.

Advice to Management

Understand why people leave your company, and see what you can do to improve it. Don't continue your policy of calling everyone who left "quitters" and keep doing the same thing.

After leaving, I have met a half dozen ex-Expeditors employees randomly and all of our experiences were the exact same. Sounds like a pattern, doesn't it?

"Secure job"

Current Employee - Customs Broker in SeaTac, WA
    Current Employee - Customs Broker in SeaTac, WA

I have been working at Expeditors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company does not lay-off employees.

Cons

Family members of senior managers and executives are usually promoted.