Experian Marketing Services - Great place to work among super smart people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Experian Marketing Services

"Great place to work among super smart people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance -- I guess every team is different, but I find my schedule to be incredibly reasonable. It's not that I don't stay if I have to get my work done, but those late nights are few and far between and by late I am talking 7pm. Coming from financial services, that's leaving early.
Flexible about working from home
Free breakfast/snacks/fruit, cheap vending machine items. Sounds like a small thing to mention, but for me coming from banking, this was huge. It makes me feel like they really care about their employees.
Great supportive environment -- I've been here almost a year and so far I've only met one or two people who didn't seem like competent, good people.

Cons

The headquarters are really cramped
The operating system is old and hardly works on most sites. We'll see if I'm able to even post this correctly!

Advice to Management

I think management knows that the industry is rapidly evolving and that we have to stay on top of it, and I think they are working feverishly in that direction. But I would just say to them, yeah, you're right we have to grow and change, so keep at it.

Other Employee Reviews for Experian Marketing Services

"Extremely Toxic Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The provided regular snacks and there were some good coworkers, but not many.

Cons

Managers were clueless and created a very toxic environment. I have never worked anywhere like this before and hope I never do again. Managers are the most unprofessional I have ever worked with. They regularly and openly ridicule subordinates and on more than one occasion take total credit for the work of someone else. Run as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

It's too far gone for any advice...

"Good corporate culture"

Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate culture is nice. They try to keep their employees happy with various perks like monthly company sponsored happy hours, cash awards for work well done, birthday/anniversary notifications/gifts, etc. Senior management sends out annual company wide surveys & actually takes the responses seriously. The company started on the whole hackday trend, which is nice, although they didn't seem to capitalize on many of the great ideas.

Cons

It's a Perl shop. For software developers, there's not a lot of cutting edge technology, our software pretty much sucks in the email marketing realm, there's not strong leadership, there's not a clearly defined path for career growth, we seriously risk falling behind in the email market (our strong suit is customer service, not software!). People are leaving in droves & management is having a very difficult time with retention at this point.