Experian - Mixed reviews. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Mixed reviews."

Former Employee - Director in Costa Mesa, CA
Former Employee - Director in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Senior leadership mostly smart and credible, but Don Robert has never run anything this large, everything he does is for the first time and it has been that way for years. With the death of CFO Paul Brooks, the thought leadership and mangement of the company is weakened. Senior HR leader stayed in place, retired on the job, seemed to lack the will to change anything. Global HR leader good at managing up, that's about it. Chris Callero likeable, intuitive, smart, but not well educated or sophisticated in ways a global COO typically is. Fast pace environment is stimulating. Work environment is flexible, accomodating lifestyles.

Cons

Dated technology. Poor tools. Lower pay than market, often... "Know it, and don't care." Little/no opportunity for movement, except in pockets (finance dept does it well). Despite knowing movement develops people, EXPN doesn't do it, and not much promotion from within. Not thoughtful about senior leader selection, e.g. Dorival. No clear value proposition for employees. Writing it for years now, nothing of particular distinction. Strategy unclear. Employees always talk about it in global people survey.

Advice to Management

I find it startling to think a $5b company can't discuss it's values with employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Experian

1. "This is a positive, engaging, and supportive company."

Current Employee - Client Implementation Lead in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Implementation Lead in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job is challenging and rewarding and I have learned a tremendous amount about internet technologies, project management, client relationship service, marketing fundamentals and so much more. Tons of opportunity and room for growth.

Cons

email marketing can be seen as spammy by your friends. The workload can come and go in waves so sometimes you're not super busy while other times it's a lot of late nights. Still, I rarely work past 7:30 and most nights I'm out right at 6-630.

2. "Not a fast environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at Experian part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Informal dress
    Laid back environment
    Big brand (Experian)
    Big Fortune 500 clients

They are very lenient on how you complete your job, and were ok with us listening to iPods, and surfing non work sites in our free time. I also wore jeans almost every day.

Cons

Slow environment
    My department never really met its goals
    A lot of free time spent not working

Advice to Management

Get more work, and more exciting work for the teams.