Experian - Working at Experian | Glassdoor

"Working at Experian"

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Schaumburg, IL
Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Experian as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is very friendly, and the employees are easy to work with. The intern projects are meaningful and utilized by upper management. There are also many networking opportunities to meet the directors and managers. Employees are treated to many company outings throughout the summer.

Cons

At times there was a lack of direction and management. A mentor program would have been very beneficial to me.

Other Employee Reviews for Experian

"Really bad leadership and culture, if I didn't love digital marketing I would've been miserable"

Former Employee - Client Implementation Lead in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Implementation Lead in New York, NY

I worked at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have to speak with bias here...

I loved everyday of my work because I actually loved email marketing and loved the brands that I worked with. To implement things for my clients I got to push the limits of their crappy antiquated technology and learned a lot in that process. Because I enjoy creative problem-solving and fast pace environments, the job was really fulfilling.

Selected few people I worked with were truly some of the best talents I have ever met throughout my career with great personalities. However, some of them have left or might no longer be there as you read this.

Environment is casual, everyone is in the 27 year old range, if you are young, this could be a fun company to work in.

The Experian brand looks great on your resume, good for your next career jump.

Company structure is simple and easy to navigate (if you exclude the Experian company).

Occasional free food and alcohol can be a plus.

Casual and comfortable environment and dress code.

Cons

Complete lack of leadership and strategic vision. I thought the management were very childish and clicky. I felt almost as if they were all still in high school. This trickles down to every aspect of the company, from the way they treat employees to they way they compete in the market.

Job promotions are done unfairly, not even really based on seniority which I can understand to some extend. They will usually complement a hard worker but the promotion will be passed to someone who is a suck up. Even if these suck ups are horrible at their job, lazy, slack all day and is completely unqualified. You can imagine the cause and effect leading to bad managers and lost employees/high turnover.

Majority of mid level management are young (under 30) and are still learning to be leaders. This is acceptable if these guys are trying to be good leaders. Problem is most of them think they don't need to improve.

Profanity, hooking up at company events and expressing inappropriate behavior is acceptable. The most unprofessional environment I have been apart of.

There is no such thing as processes/control/efficiency. They operate like a start up which is a downfall for such a large organization. They company grew but the internal processes remained antiquated which causes a lot of issues and inefficiencies leading to long hours, out of scope projects, angry clients, internal miscommunication etc

Turnover is really high, right before I left, there were about 1 person quitting almost every week.

Complete lack of training, you will need to figure everything out yourself with no support from your management team. If you make a mistake due to lack of training, its still your fault. If you like to sink/swim in a job, this is the place for you. Otherwise, close this window and reconsider another job unless you're desperate.

Advice to Management

This goes out to the Experian Company, its time you watch this division closely. They day of depending on profits based on high volume retail clients are over. If you don't revamp the management, watch this company's vision/operations closely soon, they will go down the gutter and all your good employees will be gone.

"In my experience"

Current Employee - Project Consultant in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Project Consultant in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits
    Great people to work for/with

Cons

Low in salary compensation
    Their marketing dept is not doing so well, so layoffs are constantly happening