Experian - Not worth staying here | Glassdoor

"Not worth staying here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really casual/chill and free food on certain days. Didn't have to stay OT, so that was nice.

Cons

There is SO much favoritism and lack of training. I'm not sure about every team, but on my team there were people who shouldn't have gotten a raise or moved up. Even if someone on your team works 10x harder and knows more than the person with the higher position based on favoritism it doesn't matter. Shows you how you move up in this company. I was a newb and I knew just based on how things were running after staying for awhile that it was time to leave. It's no wonder why there are many people quitting.

To summarize, you deal with people who don't know how to teach, favoritism, crappy documentation that won't help you learn how to use the app on your own in order to get things done (everyone including managers agree with this), terrible leadership, and some managers that are really condescending.

Advice to Management

With so many people quitting within a short period of time, you definitely should've realized by now that you're doing something wrong. Give raises to the people who really deserve it and set up ways to help people learn. Create some better documentation or set up some training classes not just for account managers, for example, but other departments, too. If you do this the company will run more effectively and people will be less likely to quit.

Other Employee Reviews for Experian

1. "Marketing Services going downhill"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a good work/life balance, but now if you're good, you're overworked.

Cons

Employees are resistant to change.

Advice to Management

Local sr management is only concerned with money, not with employees.

"Direct Marketing is falling apart"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great group of people, good benefits.

Cons

More layoffs, outsourcing majority of Direct Marketing division to Costa Rica. People left are going to be VERY overworked.
    Not a good work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Do you care about your people? I don't see how you can when you let the majority of the DMS group go and tell them only 25 positions will be left in the future. Yet expect them to work 60 hour work weeks.