Experian - Was great, got worse! | Glassdoor

"Was great, got worse!"

Former Employee - Software Development Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Software Development Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, great vacation package. Salaries are pretty good too

Cons

Experian beaurocracy came into play and layers of management piled on top of the folks who actually did the work. Managers have no clue what's going on below them anymore, and are managing to some high level directives above them -- that they don't communicate downward.

Was better when the old Cheetamail folks still had some control.

Other Employee Reviews for Experian

1. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large company, many opportunities for lateral moves; some opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Has offshored many jobs, although lately has been staffing up in U.S.

"Great on Stock Market - Regular type of Company for Employees"

Current Employee - Director in Sherman, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Sherman, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fairly good compensation. Good Benefits. Schedule flexibility when needed. I've crossed paths with a lot of really good, hard-working employees. There are some AMAZINGLY intelligent people that work in the analytics divisions of the company....almost scary intelligent! : ) As a large corporation, it's much like any other in my opinion. Not great, not bad. Like any other job, it's pretty much what the employee chooses to make of it.

Experian is a cash-producing machine....that is its reason for existence...this is great for stock holders and might be great for employees who can stick around and get an annual bonus.

Cons

Only been with Experian for 2 years. Already had one major round of layoffs in my sub-business, another is on its way, and a reorganization is also about to occur. All these educational and related benefits are touted as available, but if your unit didn't budget for whatever reason - none for you. Short term cash generation seems to rule over any type of long-term planning for cash generation and value. Not hitting short-term goals (i.e. EBIT for FY 2013) causes extreme cost cutting measures ensue.

Advice to Management

Stop with the catchy nonsensical programs such as "The Employee Deal," "The Heart of Experian," and such. Just tell us in a transparent fashion what we need to know and don't try to dress it up with Sesame Street type themes.