Experian - political working environment - schaumburg, IL | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Experian

"political working environment - schaumburg, IL"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Schaumburg, IL
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

benefits OK. plenty of food options near by

Cons

Low employee morale. if you are good you get overloaded. nid-management lie to employees

Advice to Management

Evaluate all employees honestly. Never lie to employees

Other Employee Reviews for Experian

"Not The Best, Not The Worst"

Former Employee - Solutions Analyst in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Solutions Analyst in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I worked at Experian, many of us wore jeans to the office, and not just on Fridays. I'm not quite sure it was in-line with corporate policy, but no one ever said anything. My mentor was AMAZING, and we still keep in touch.

Cons

I had 6 different managers in 1 year. Recognition and appreciation were unheard of. There was a lot of tension between cross-functional teams, and overall morale was pretty low. The president of our group slashed budgets and often spoke of how the group was hemorrhaging money; and yet he flew first class and hired a private town car whenever we came to town. I saw that as a double standard.

"Pick your Department Wisely"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large global company. Opportunity to travel in some areas. Finally in a growth mode after years of cutbacks. Some departments seem to have built strong teams who work well together. good community involvement for charity work

Cons

No recognition for actual performance of work - people with many years of service or above average reviewes are let go to support cuts. Looking to move out of California and in some cases entire departments are being replaced with new staff in Costa Rica, Texas or Chile or outsourced altogether. If you come in at a low salary, it is hard to get to market levels with the raise pool that is available every year. High pressure, low management support (some departments). Low morale some departments). Some charity photo shoots are not as they seem (last minute photo ops and not indicative of what really was happening but forced to fit around someones travel schedule).

Advice to Management

Look deeper into the cost cutting efforts you take to understand the impact to the business. Replacing entire teams 100% is fairly risky and you may have key people available to work in other areas. Secondly, don't blindly accept what you hear from your BU leads as true. do some digging to see exactly what your mangement is doing and saying before you believe it to be true. you are too far removed to get any valuable data as to what is going on.