Experian - A lot depends on which area you work in. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Experian

"A lot depends on which area you work in."

Former Employee - Software Development Expert in Costa Mesa, CA
Former Employee - Software Development Expert in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, decent time off, plenty of telework opportunities. If you land in the right area with the right manager there are good opportunities. Aim for Experian Credit or Experian Interactive.

Cons

Extremely political. Everything is a secret with this management; even org charts are hard to come by. A lot of good people have been laid off just to make arbitrary profit targets. Above all stay away from Experian Marketing Solutions. They work hard but management can't sell the products they tell them to build and there are plenty of layoffs.

Advice to Management

Quick being so secretive. It's common knowledge you wanted to sell Experian Marketing and couldn't. Deal with the employees honestly and be happy with single-digit growth instead of laying off good people to achieve double digit profit margins.

Other Employee Reviews for Experian

"Across 15 years I gained a wealth of valuable experience working with a group of very driven individuals."

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You got what you put in and I didn't personally see any favoritism. Very open management team who responded to feedback and was willing to answer tough questions. They sought to better the employee's experience within the constraints of corporate parent. Greatly improved flexibility over my last two years there. After proving yourself there is good upwards and sideways mobility. Lots of change and variety in projects. Good inter-departmental relationships on the whole.

Cons

High expectations for everyone meant the work atmosphere could be quite intense at times. Management style can seem draconian depending on your role/tenure which can grate with some people (it didn't me as I had 'grown up' with it). Salary only competitive to a point and past that raises for non-management track took a lot of convincing.

Advice to Management

Keeping pushing to invest in the Product, retaining key staff and dialing up the focus on customer success/net promoter score.

"Poor morale and very political, but improving."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, interesting global perspective

Cons

Very political environment. Goals are very focused at keeping costs low at the expense of quality solutions

Advice to Management

Keep working on company culture.