Experian - Good first job out of college | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Experian

"Good first job out of college"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Experian full-time

Pros

Great first job out of college, everyone is young, office is laid back and casual, reasonable hours if you are good at time management, overtime for lower level employees, fun social events and free food. Good experience working with clients. Good amount of vacation days and you can sometimes work from home.

Cons

The account manager and senior account manager jobs can feel like monkey work, it is a lot of cut pasting. Promotions are based on who shmoozes the best and not on who is actually knowledgeable. There are competent people who never get promoted and completely incompetent people who never get fired.

Advice to Management

Stop outsourcing everything to other countries and start promoting internally. Noone likes to see outsiders take the promotion that they should be up for without any explanation as to why.

Other Employee Reviews for Experian

1. "Corporate enterprise environment with fairly good organization and clarity around one's job"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good technical staff (co-workers) and well defined set of tasks or responsibilities. Pay is average, and work flexibility is up to your manager. Good set of procedures and policies in place. Not a lot of turn-over at the non-management level. My manager was very good at insulating us from inappropriate tasks or requests from outside our department.

Cons

Constant re-organization. First we were going to off-shore tech jobs and we did. A few years later the reversed the decision and closed the off-shore facility as well as some branch offices. Management doesn't really look to employee feedback in a meaningful way, though few places do.

2. "Experian promotes work life balance, social wellness and is a great place to work"

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Experian has a generous vacation package. Some Business Units have a dynamic and start up culture and they match 401ks contributions to a point. There is potential for good career growth.

Cons

Employee contributions to our Health Plan is not insignificant and the plans are so-so. Employees can't carry vacation over, (use it or stop accruing). Weak managers can derail an employees experience at Experian. Management development is weak and the quality of managers varies wildly across the company.