Experian - Corporate enterprise environment with fairly good organization and clarity around one's job | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Experian

"Corporate enterprise environment with fairly good organization and clarity around one's job"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Schaumburg, IL
Current Employee - Network Engineer in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good technical staff (co-workers) and well defined set of tasks or responsibilities. Pay is average, and work flexibility is up to your manager. Good set of procedures and policies in place. Not a lot of turn-over at the non-management level. My manager was very good at insulating us from inappropriate tasks or requests from outside our department.

Cons

Constant re-organization. First we were going to off-shore tech jobs and we did. A few years later the reversed the decision and closed the off-shore facility as well as some branch offices. Management doesn't really look to employee feedback in a meaningful way, though few places do.

Other Employee Reviews for Experian

1. "Experian promotes work life balance, social wellness and is a great place to work"

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Experian has a generous vacation package. Some Business Units have a dynamic and start up culture and they match 401ks contributions to a point. There is potential for good career growth.

Cons

Employee contributions to our Health Plan is not insignificant and the plans are so-so. Employees can't carry vacation over, (use it or stop accruing). Weak managers can derail an employees experience at Experian. Management development is weak and the quality of managers varies wildly across the company.

2. "No Job Satisfaction"

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Somewhat flexible work hours and work-from-home policies.

Cons

No job satisfaction.
    No training.
    No respect for personal time during evenings, weekends, and holidays.
    Constant threat of being laid off, resulting in overly competitive, uncooperative co-workers.
    Common practice of using large email distribution lists when bickering back and forth.
    Management prefers multi-tasking over listening, until something goes terribly wrong.
    Very little, if any, opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and listen to their concerns, especially those who are willing to make sacrifices on your behalf.