Experian - Started my career at this company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Experian

"Started my career at this company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees, culture, perks, nice office, potential for some great products to sell, employee development, office locations, exposure to lots of different areas of business.

Cons

High turnover of employees - especially in sales, lots of tension between sales and marketing, lots of bottlenecks in the IT/pre-sales/customer implementation processes, slow go-to-market strategy for newest/coolest products.

Advice to Management

Expedite the process of ditching older, less revenue generating products and put more focus on newest products (Prospect IQ). Metric sales management on training reinforcement - lots of tactics are only visible on the floor about a week or two after trainer leaves. Focus on developing younger employees further.

Other Employee Reviews for Experian

"Like a bad Saturday night live skit"

Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, work from home, Some people who really care, get in with the right crowd and you can climb the ladder quickly, great place to learn various skill and gain global experience.

Cons

1st and foremost, company makes most major decisions based on what they think it will do to the stock, unless it makes the stock price go up, we aren't doing it. Some decisions aren't logical. Constantly cutting headcount to hit EBIT targets, too much decision by committee, the Matrix is not working, lots of finger pointing at the senior leadership level, total old boys club unless you are in your 30's and wear short skirts and shirts that show off you cleavage...well then you get noticed

Lots of off-shoring of technical roles, minimal investment in products, they expect to make 40% margins but only invest 2-3% total revenue back into product, hence the decisions based on stock impact.

If you progress on the ladder quickly don't expect your compensation to go up equally you will fall behind and they will make terrible excuses about why they can't catch you up

They tollerate bad behavior from senior leaders, they keep poor performers around way too long, becomes detrimental to the business. Especially leaders who are poor performers.

CEO never makes an attempt to connect with the people.

Advice to Management

Take a hit on the stock price and invest in the company, if you don't you won't have much in a few years. Sell Marketing Services already, its a dog.

2. "The pay could have been better"

Current Employee - Financial Coordinator in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Coordinator in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best part of working at Experian is the people. It's located not too far from where I live, which is also nice.

Cons

The pay isn't as much as I should have received, and I worked a lot of overtime, just to catch up with the increased workload.

Advice to Management

Instead of employee reviews, in the form of questionnaires, one-on-one meetings with supervisors or managers probably would be more effective.