Experian - average place to work | Glassdoor

"average place to work"

Former Employee - Director in Costa Mesa, CA
Former Employee - Director in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

low pressure - not very demanding
average hours - 16 hour days
nice people - made many good friends - we still keep in touch

Cons

a bit political - but you can play the game and get by
old school - must be at office, not open to time saving ideas like telecommute/flex
fired some great middle mgmt

Advice to Management

must be very challenging times in this industry - good luck
i don't know what their plans are - but must continue to branch out beyond having banks as customers

Other Employee Reviews for Experian

"Send Senior Management Packing!"

Current Employee - Channel Executive - Sherman, TX in Sherman, TX
    Current Employee - Channel Executive - Sherman, TX in Sherman, TX

Pros

Corporate Office in Costa Mesa. Offices are nice.
    Decent benefits including medical, dental and detox.
    Company cars in some positions
    Virtual offices in some positions

Cons

The workplace is extremely political. Instead of promoting from within, management hires their cronies from other companies to build a personal power base.
    Senior management is clueless when it comes to understanding the credit industry. They all came from a banking background and are trying to run Experian like a bank. They helped to create the banking mess that we currently have and are now in the process of bringing down Experian. It used to be a great place to work.
    I have been with Experian 25+ years and my boss is someone who I mentored 15 years ago.
    I also have the largest account within credit data and get no support. It is too large and complicated for just one person to manage.

Also, Big Brother is watching!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the worhless senior management group and hire proven leaders who can get this company back on it's feet!

"Experian Used To Be A Great Place to Work.......back when!"

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist (Formerly A VP) in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist (Formerly A VP) in Allen, TX

Pros

Company car, good benefits, Corporate American Express Card, Stock Options, 401K that is not matched any longer, laptop, cell phone - all company paid.

Cons

Very political, advancements are all about who you know versus employee qualifications. I was demoted and replaced with someone from the competition who I have to train. My replacement does not have the skills and knowledge that I have. So much for being a multiple Experian Elite winner!

Advice to Management

Senior management does not listen to their internal or external customers. Employees are viewed as commodities and not assets. My manager demoted me because I knew more about the specialized sales channel than he did.........what's wrong with this picture?