Experian - Experian QAS is a dynamic company with major opportunity for motivated employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Experian

"Experian QAS is a dynamic company with major opportunity for motivated employees."

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Marketing Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some reviews mention that this is a place to "start your career" - for me, it's where I've had the opportunity to accelerate the career I knew I wanted.

Experian QAS is a company that has high expectations of employees and looks to hire bright, motivated individuals willing to put the work in to advance their career. At every turning point over the past 4 years, I've been rewarded for my hard work with the next opportunity, including more responsibility, more strategic projects and immense exposure to how a business is run.

The culture is something I really enjoy - the core values are real and important to the senior management team. People are friendly, and like having fun. You can be as involved as you want in this - for some people, QAS is their social circle; others only attend a couple of events a year. There are lots of ways to get involved at all levels - through committees, community service activities, or casual get togethers.

When I started 4 years ago, it was a pretty formal, rigid place to work. However, over the past 18 months, we've made major changes, like switching to casual dress code and creating more flexible hours and work from home arrangements. Personally, this makes me feel like the senior management team really listens to employees, and will make the necessary changes to respond to employee needs.

Cons

This can be an intense place to work - expectations are high, and we often try to do many things at once. For me, those aspects keep me engaged and challenged, but it can be overwhelming for people who prefer a slower pace.

Things change often - frequently without a lot of preparation and/or communication.

Advice to Management

Take the time to articulate the strategic vision to get employees on board early on. And make sure to highlight their role in the current and future strategy and how their work impacts the overall results the company is looking to achieve.

Other Employee Reviews for Experian

1. "Great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, QAS is a great place to begin your career. If you do not know 'what you want to be when you grow up,' this place gives you opportunities that many other companies do not.

Great training for new employees
    Opportunity to create a role that fits your long-term plans
    Ability to be involved in projects that you may not have the same opportunity as a young employee at another company
    Great benefits
    Growing company so there are a lot of changes happening that you can be involved in
    Direct management really cares about your personal development and wants to see you succeed
    The people - I thoroughly enjoy everyone that I work with. Teamwork here is amazing and everyone generally cares about helping each other.

Cons

While there is large opportunity to make changes, those changes generally take a long time to happen.
    Do not seem to care about retaining employees for a long period of time. There is very much a stigma that this is a place to begin your career and that is it.
    Little flexibility for employees - very much an 8-5 place. If you arrive at 8:02, you're late. There is some flexibility for work from home, flex time, doctors appointments, etc. but everything needs to be booked in advance which doesn't seem very flexible.

Advice to Management

Try to focus more on the current talent you have and convince them to stay. Too many valued employees are leaving and it doesn't seem to be a focus. Listen to what your employees have to say about their perception of what type of company QAS is and try and change the negative - survey results are only useful if you do something with it.

2. "Too Much"

Former Employee - Customer Support in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Pay, Great People, site location

Cons

More with Less did not work and when it did you were outsourced

Advice to Management

People drive business, if it wasn't for the people, no business