Experian - Trying... | Glassdoor

"Trying..."

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many employees have been there for 20+ years; I love my manager, but I know my manager is frustrated with upper management. However, a lot of jobs are being moved to Chile and Costa Rica.

Cons

A lot of jobs are being moved to Chile and Costa Rica, although I think some of those will be regretted - will be loss of customer satisfaction, which is already an issue.

Advice to Management

If you want consumer trust, you should provide a robust product to truly assist people repair their credit - not just tell them what increases/decreases rating...most know this but were hit hard during the recent recession and need to know how to clear up older issues.

Other Employee Reviews for Experian

"Young company, lots of parties, lots of drinking, lots of money, little experience"

Former Employee - A Dude, Playing A Dude, Dressed As Another Dude in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - A Dude, Playing A Dude, Dressed As Another Dude in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You like a free drink? You like having a job out of college? You like the occasional company-wide email from an unlocked computer? You like a good email flame war between 25 year old children who make more money than they should with little or no regard for appropriate company behavior? Then this is the place for you!

Cons

You like respect? You like the sense that the hours you put in doing honest, hard work, will be rewarded? You like the feeling that the managers actually care for you, and trust that you will do a great job? You like the sense that they upper management listens and cultivates their employees and considers them assets? You like knowing that those who are in positions of leadership are there because of merit and not because they have either not quit or they are a personal friend of someone above them? Then this is NOT the place for you.

Advice to Management

Consider rewarding hard working, smart, upwardly mobile people from the ranks who actually know what they are doing and understand the business...instead of the current practice of just promoting those bodies that haven't burned out yet. Promotion because of survival is not the basis of good leadership at a company.

2. "Call Center Agent"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beggining salary is good for an agent, 40 sick hours are part of the benefits starting on first pay check.

Cons

Constant changes and a day to day basis. Management is cutting back on employee bonuses for monthly achievements. Call Center QA always find minimum details to fail you on the calls.