Experian - It was not a good place to work. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Experian

"It was not a good place to work."

Current Employee - Account Specialist in Allen, TX
Current Employee - Account Specialist in Allen, TX

Pros

Federal holidays off and no weekend work.

Cons

Management is not supportive. You have to be in clicks in order to advance. Training was way too long for the work that has to be done.

Other Employee Reviews for Experian

1. "QAS provides the best sales experience in Boston, it is not for everyone"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boston, MA

Pros

The experience that comes with this job will provide you with the skills that are necessary to be more competent than any fortune 500 company's sales personnel at the same pay-grade. It is a true hunting role which provides excellent in the field experience. This also means it is not easy...but this is true sales
    You can make good money if you spend time here
    They are working to improve previous employee complaints

Cons

there are plenty on this website which are be true --but being fair, I also know that if you issue your concerns, they can be addressed -- the key is making rational business sense in a private manner

Advice to Management

Spend time working with individuals to help them grow within the company and achieve their personal goals, not just the company's. Relax the discipline; it breeds the negativity.

"Work hard, play hard, get fired"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

If you aspire to be a sales person, I think they teach good discipline about smiling & dialing and honestly qualifying a sales opportunity.

Cons

No respect for marketing as a contributor to business success. High churn overall and especially a revolving door in the marketing department. Company is 100% sales focused.

I joined the company because I had a great set of interviews with the Marketing Director. 2 days after I joined, the small marketing department went out for drinks to celebrate the fact that we had completed our annual metrics a full quarter early. The next day the Marketing Director was fired, presumably because she asked for a promotion or a raise or something, which, evidently, she deserved. That kicked off a year of hell where I worked my butt off and then I was unceremoniously fired by the Marketing Director's incompetent replacement. That replacement Marketing Director lasted another month before he was fired. Wow! Shameful!

Advice to Management

Recognize and reward hard work. Learn the value of good marketing. Relax your rules around starting time and attire for non-sales people (sales had to wear a suit every day, and had to be at work by 8 am, so that meant everyone had to wear a suit and be at work by 8 am, even though the rest of us never saw a client and routinely worked 2 hours later than every sales person who kicked off at exactly 5 pm). Build a culture outside of the sales department.