Expion - Never a dull moment... | Glassdoor

"Never a dull moment..."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Account Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Expion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel that I have a voice here. Each person's ideas and thoughts are truly listened to and I feel comfortable to share my ideas even if they result in nothing at all. Leadership has a way of pushing each of us to evolve within our own roles and within the company in general. They motivate and create excitement for us as employees, about where we currently are and where we are going.

Cons

You work many hours, some weekend time comes into play if clients need help

Other Employee Reviews for Expion

1. "A group of intelligent savvy business minded leaders"

I have been working at Expion full-time

Pros

Fun exciting and ready for anything. All departments of Expion are very lean in personnel but they make it work with efficiency and high energy.

Cons

Direction and vision is foggy but at no fault to the Expion team.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do and things will continue to better themselves.

"Great work staff, terrible management"

Pros

Casual dress code, healthy snacks and other foods provided by the company, great co-workers.

Cons

I worked prior to the SYSMOS merger.

Pay: Abysmally low compared with local or even across the country. I was making roughly HALF what my title would make anywhere else. Bonuses were promised to all but only given out to a select few that worked 70-80+ hours a week on the product directly, and even then often in the form of "things". A prime example was the company buying a new washer dryer set so that they could write it off as a company expense and not an actual bonus.

Environment: Constant release schedule was the source of a lot of stress across all departments. for a few months we were releasing every night and only stopped when two major clients threatened to stop using the product because the updates were resulting in a constantly unusable product.
    Any question to the status quo is met with harsh and often belligerent backlash, especially if it means spending any even minor amount on things that are needed instead of whatever the flavor of the week the CEO deems important.

Extraordinary turn over rate for sales/client services teams. CEO would also openly yell at and degrade employees infront of other employees. HR "department" is a joke as the only HR person there was clueless to how benefits worked and what was good for the employees in any regard, causing us to lose VERY good benefits "because Obamacare is coming".

Advice to Management

Learn the difference between a manager and Leader, then be the Leader.