Explore Learning - Good for personal development as a part-time job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Explore Learning

"Good for personal development as a part-time job"

Former Employee - Tutor in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Tutor in London, England (UK)

I worked at Explore Learning part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Considered a good job by other employers
Gain lots of skills
Can be enjoyable working with children

Cons

Sometimes frustrating working with children
Low pay for part-timers (at 18 I was paid £5.25 an hour)

Other Employee Reviews for Explore Learning

"Enjoyable job but does have it's challenges"

Former Employee - Tutor
    Former Employee - Tutor

I worked at Explore Learning (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Diversity of role and CPD given to develop own skills - 6 month appraisals, incentives such as Tutor of the Year, Tutor of the Quarter and development of skills (not only tutoring but sales training and compering). It is a very organised process with e-learning modules now as well. Regular training sessions are provided to keep up to date with the National Curriculum.
    2. Working with Children - There is a real sense of fulfilment when you are able to contribute to a child's education and see a child progress.
    3. The tutors you work with
    4. Progression - Tutor/ Graduate roles. The Graduate role is great if you want to combine the ability to work with people to help them and business.

Cons

1. Pay - although appraisals help to improve your salary. It is actually shocking that £5.84 was my wage at 18.... Although why I took the job was the fact that I could help teach kids in a supervised environment.
    2.Managers - lack of consistency throughout centres. From my personal experience as have been there a while I have seen a whole management reshuffle. All had the happy enthusiastic Explore mantra but approached things very differently. I was also going through a very rough patch at home and felt very little support was given at work.
    3. You realise that of course like any other job money is at the centre, it is very business driven - managers have targets to meet and so sales is important to pitch the idea to families and retain current members.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to all and make sure communication is maintained between all staff members!

"Customer Support - Head Office"

Current Employee - Customer Support - Head Office in Guildford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Support - Head Office in Guildford, England (UK)

I have been working at Explore Learning part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brilliant CEO
    Good pay
    Great bonuses
    Rewarding job role
    Customer Satisfaction
    Family community in Head Office
    Hire the best staff across business
    Understanding of home life

Cons

Limited ability to deal with complaints

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in keeping staff and customers happy.

Explore Learning Response

Jul 19, 2017 – Graduate Recruitment Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is great to read you enjoy your Customer Support role and the family feel in Head Office. We will pass on your feedback about dealing with complaints, so we... More