Explore Learning - Great Professional Development, Great People, Job to believe in. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Explore Learning

"Great Professional Development, Great People, Job to believe in."

Current Employee - Tutor
Current Employee - Tutor

I have been working at Explore Learning part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

(*) Explore really is all about the clients.
(*) It is target driven and there are things that ADs have to achieve, however, tutors really do get to make a difference to children's lives.
(*) Explore is a fun company to work for and the teams I've experienced have always been brilliant.
(*) Excellent experience in sales, client management, problem solving, situation resolution, teamwork, tuition, SEN training...the list goes on!
(*) Genuine belief that you're making a difference and it's easy to sell something that is easy to believe in.
(*) You get to know children and families as individuals which allows you to really tailor to them and treat work less like a chore and more like a place you can talk to really lovely people.
(*) Targets tend to be fairly reasonable and achievable, they just keep up the pressure to ensure you're doing well.

Cons

(*) Sometimes you have to get things done so you don't always get to give every child the attention you would like to.
(*) Neither Managers nor Tutors get paid a salary that maps the effort that is put in and there are a lot of hours that go above and beyond what you get paid.

Advice to Management

(*) change pay structure, particularly for management.
(*) think about career prospects within the company, perhaps defining it a little more.

Other Employee Reviews for Explore Learning

1. "Good for personal development as a part-time job"

Former Employee - Tutor in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Tutor in London, England (UK)

I worked at Explore Learning part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Considered a good job by other employers
    Gain lots of skills
    Can be enjoyable working with children

Cons

Sometimes frustrating working with children
    Low pay for part-timers (at 18 I was paid £5.25 an hour)

2. "Explore Learning is all about the people."

Current Employee - Centre Director in Bournemouth, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Centre Director in Bournemouth, England (UK)

I have been working at Explore Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A company that listens to your feedback and changes based on your reviews. Your voice is always heard in Explore, it's all about the people. The company puts time into my constant and consistent development. They want to know our ideas. They want to know about your progression. They trust us to run our centre as if it is our own project. Recognition and rewards are a fundamental part of what I do. Our family value is intergrated through out the whole company, there is always someone to help. The team dynamics are fantastic, Explore is a job where you not only feel satisfaction from doing something great every day, but where you can guarentee you'll have a fun day every day also. Each day is different and there is always a challenge to face that keeps us on our toes. The flexibility and diversity of the role is a huge reason why I love Explore Learning so much, but the reason I would highly recommend the role to friends is because of the people.

Cons

Work life balance can sometimes be tricky due to the hours, but you learn to manage it.