Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services - Awsome Place to Work & Received Alot of Experience | Glassdoor
  1. "Awsome Place to Work & Received Alot of Experience"

EMT in Compton, CA

I worked at Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services

Pros

Get a lot of 911 experience and mentorship. Had an opportunity to help in the community, I learned a lot from the owner who Is a retired firefighter paramedic. He tells you up front what to expect and what he expect of you and I feel it only made me better as a EMT and a future firefighter. The environment is different and in my opinion if you are not lazy and want to learn you will gain a lot and that is no offense... to no one I am just talking about my experience which was great and different from most of the companies I have seen, the equipment is top of the line and well maintained and the station is nice. Yes I had to clean my ambulance and the station and I did not have a problem with that.

Cons

None. I Love the Program and Learned a lot as an employee.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work guiding careers and helping in the community. I am thankful for the opportunity to work at Explorer - 1 which is truly a training and mentoring program that kept my skill right

Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services2016-03-31

Other Employee Reviews

1. "I Reccomend Explorer - 1"

EMT in Compton, CA

I have been working at Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services

Pros

Great pay with a good work environment. Station is nice with full kitchen and sleeping quarters. Internet access to study with cable T.V. new ambulances with all the equipment. I remember at one of my last companies I had to leave the ambulance running or it wont start not here. What more can I say it is good.

Cons

I really do not have any cons. I wish there was a station closer to my house.

Advice to Management

Open more stations.

Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services2016-04-08
  2. "EMT-B Full Time"

Former Employee - EMT-Basic in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Highest pay for EMT-B in LA, family environment, cool coworkers, boxing events, charity events for underserved communities during holidays

Cons

Work a lot of hours, on call frequently for calls, urban patients

Advice to Management

more locations

Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services2018-08-02

Discover more reviews about Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services.