Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services - Dispatcher/Emt | Glassdoor
  1. "Dispatcher/Emt"

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Compton, CA

I worked at Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great back up Fire calls for the city of Compton, these make great experiences that make you want to do more and learn more. IFT calls are basic just like any other company. Lots of OT available and you work with great NEW equipment.

Cons

Overtime is a lot on the Emt's but well worth it for the experience. If you are trying to be a medic a dispatcher or anything of the sort this would be a good place to start...

Advice to Management

Yes invest in a time clock so employees don't feel they are getting cheated on pay. Yes you trust your employees with there own times but its the since of safety and security.

Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services2015-04-17

Other Employee Reviews

1. "I Reccomend Explorer - 1"

EMT in Compton, CA

I have been working at Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services

Pros

Great pay with a good work environment. Station is nice with full kitchen and sleeping quarters. Internet access to study with cable T.V. new ambulances with all the equipment. I remember at one of my last companies I had to leave the ambulance running or it wont start not here. What more can I say it is good.

Cons

I really do not have any cons. I wish there was a station closer to my house.

Advice to Management

Open more stations.

Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services2016-04-08
  2. "EMT-B Full Time"

Former Employee - EMT-Basic in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Highest pay for EMT-B in LA, family environment, cool coworkers, boxing events, charity events for underserved communities during holidays

Cons

Work a lot of hours, on call frequently for calls, urban patients

Advice to Management

more locations

Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services2018-08-02

Discover more reviews about Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services.