Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services - DO NOT WORK HERE! THIS COMPANY IS AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE TO EMS | Glassdoor

"DO NOT WORK HERE! THIS COMPANY IS AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE TO EMS"

Current Employee - EMT in Compton, CA

I have been working at Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services full-time

Pros

Co-Workers are cool. THERE ARE NO PROS FOR THIS COMPANY

Cons

EVERYTHING!!!! 1) Checks are always short... ALL the overtime that the owner claims available is true, but you don't get paid for 3/4 of your overtime. 2) Owner will down talk you, He has even threatened pass employees and once got into a physical altercation. (might have happened multiple times) 3)( you will be held over time against your will, then like i stated before, you wont get paid for your overtime. this... company will take your life away with no rewards. Im talking about you wont see your family if you work here. 4) the 911 with Compton is false as well, the Compton fire department will contact explorer-1 for VERY BLS calls such as drunks on the the corner, so that Compton fire department will not loose resources for non emergency 911 calls. (The Compton Firefighters will even make comments to you as an employee such as, "WHY DO YOU WORK FOR THE GUY HES NOT A GOOD PERSON" (Not as politely). !!!!!!!!! ITS FUNNY BECAUSE THE TWO REVIEWS THAT ARE GOOD ABOUT THE COMPANY IS written by the "DISPATCHER" which is a position held by the owner. TRUST ME ITS THE OWNER!!!!!!!! COME ON "CHIEF" WE KNOW ITS YOU!! the owner wants you to call him "CHIEF" its an absolute joke. don't work here if you care about yourself.

Advice to Management

stop lying, stop picking up patients 3 hours late. stop stealing from your employees, stop it all! just stop. and change the name and location of your company, no one wants to work for explorer-1, it already has a reputation you cant bounce back from. your emt's are a laughing stock for other emts that know about explorer-1

Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services2015-07-28

Other Employee Reviews

1. "I Reccomend Explorer - 1"

EMT in Compton, CA

I have been working at Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services

Pros

Great pay with a good work environment. Station is nice with full kitchen and sleeping quarters. Internet access to study with cable T.V. new ambulances with all the equipment. I remember at one of my last companies I had to leave the ambulance running or it wont start not here. What more can I say it is good.

Cons

I really do not have any cons. I wish there was a station closer to my house.

Advice to Management

Open more stations.

Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services2016-04-08
  2. "EMT-B Full Time"

Former Employee - EMT-Basic in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Highest pay for EMT-B in LA, family environment, cool coworkers, boxing events, charity events for underserved communities during holidays

Cons

Work a lot of hours, on call frequently for calls, urban patients

Advice to Management

more locations

Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services2018-08-02

Discover more reviews about Explorer -1 Ambulance & Medical Services.