Express Care Urgent Care - Poor Management | Glassdoor

"Poor Management"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist

I have been working at Express Care Urgent Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Express Care for less then a year but have met some of the most amazing people. My regional is an amazing person and tries her best to help as much as she can. Express Care has also provided me with the tools I need to advance my career.

Cons

Besides having an amazing regional I do believe upper management does not treat employees fair. I am currently pregnant and was recently diagnosed with a disorder that could affect the health of my unborn child. Because of this diagnosis I have been required to have weekly Nonstress Test (NST) appointments to monitor the health of my unborn child. Some times these appointments require me to come in on the days that I work. So that I don't receive an occurence for calling out I have requested to come in at a later time. Each time I notified management they were not supportive at all. I was told if I didn't find someone to switch hours with me it would be an occurrence and that they usually don't approve request like that. God forbid you get sick and can't switch or come in because you're scolded for that as well.

Continue reading
    Express Care Urgent Care2019-04-05

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Nurse Practitioner"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Dover, DE

I worked at Express Care Urgent Care full-time

Pros

Owner cares about employee and patients

Cons

Long hours, but it is expected for this type of work

Express Care Urgent Care2020-03-24
  2. "NEVER WORK HERE!"

Former Employee - Midlevel Provider in Bel Air, MD

I worked at Express Care Urgent Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

Absolutely none, they will underpay you and treat you like a disposable employee. During cold and flu season the owner gave all the providers more shifts than their contracts stated. Everyone was overworked and exhausted, making it impossible to ever find someone willing to switch with you if you need the date off.

Cons

If you put in proper notice that you are leaving (1 month advance) they will immediately terminate your employment without even calling you. You are expected to work 2 weekends a month, but it always ends up being more, so kiss your weekends goodbye. You will be underpaid here and they take new grads and trap you with a bogus non-compete clause preventing you from working in another urgent care or ER for 2 years following your termination. I repeat NEVER WORK HERE! You will be underpaid, underappreciated, and always dispensable to the owner.

Express Care Urgent Care2020-03-23

Discover more reviews about Express Care Urgent Care.