Express - Amazing place to work just not the Career for me personally. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Express

"Amazing place to work just not the Career for me personally."

Former Employee - Part Time Sales in North Olmsted, OH
Former Employee - Part Time Sales in North Olmsted, OH

Pros

Some of the best people I've ever worked with. They were truly amazing from the top their to the lowest new hire. Amazingly nice and friendly.

Cons

The customer and thieves were sometimes hard to deal with.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep the staff's as happy as possible. Also you may want to invest on getting some more job friendly attire again. I miss the selection of business casual that is slowly being overran by business party.

Other Employee Reviews for Express

"Flexible, fun, but impossible to please"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

Pros

The discounts are nice and the majority of the other employees are great. Typically a fun environment, but usually only to those who work hard and show dedication. Super flexible with time off and school. I have the best manager I've ever had at any job as my Store Manager.

Cons

Expectations are usually unrealistic. Some of the managers expect 4 people to close the entire store perfectly board folded when we had huge traffic and with the payroll hours the store gets, its unrealistic. New hires never really get trained. They get thrown onto the floor and made fun of until they figure out what to do properly. Seasonal employees got 5 or less shifts and then were let go while employees who worked there for many months or years got severe hour cuts. Typically I get 25+ hours a week but during holiday season I was lucky to get more than 10.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic with hours vs expectations. Promote people who deserve it instead of bringing in people from smaller stores. I've worked for the company over a year and gotten zero promotions and one raise and I bust my butt every shift. There is no reward or incentives here and it seems like the company cares more about making money than making sure the company continues to succeed. Fire the people with bad attitudes and who can't do tasks properly. It slows others down to fix what they did wrong.

2. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

Pros

You get to learn about retail management

Cons

It is kind of boring job