Express - I like my job a lot, but I'd love it if I was given more hours. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Express

"I like my job a lot, but I'd love it if I was given more hours."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oviedo, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oviedo, FL

I have been working at Express part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Management
- Coworkers
- Discount
- Dresscode
- Atmosphere
I could probably go on for an hour

Cons

There's only two things I do not like about express. 1) The pay is next to nothing. 2)I work at a small store and there are 10 of us so hours are sometimes non existent.

Advice to Management

Don't hire if you're only going to give associates 5 hours a week.

Other Employee Reviews for Express

"Nightmare !"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Express part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great clothes and nice co-workers sometimes.

Cons

Where do I begin? Horrible hours! I have a B.A. in communications but because of the job market i was forced into retail. On call after on call. If your store doesn't feel like its in the green enough during the week you can face a week with no solid hours just straight on calls they never take. Very rude managers that you know are not intelligent and it will irritate you. Ridiculous sales quotas to meet. 2000 dollars in a half an hour and the store is empty? The customers can be very rude especially if you're working in the fitting room. They make you run back and forth for sizes. The most horrible part are the hours. They can have 5 managers working at one time so they wont call the sales associates in for good hours. If you do get a shift its usually a closing shift. During the holidays I was getting out of work at 6 sometimes 7:30 am ..!!!

Advice to Management

It takes twice as much to pay a manager then it does to pay to sales associates. You need to check on how the hours are given out in the stores. We already work for pennies. The lowest check I got for two weeks of work was $60 dollars. Your company is running a modern day sweat shop !

"Not worth your time"

Pros

You work with cool people, that's about it.

Cons

The pay is horrible. You can not be full time unless you're a sales lead or manager. The discount isn't all that great, I've had better at other jobs and they expect you to wear their jeans that are 80$. They have on calls and extensions so you can't plan your day ahead because you don't know if they need you or not. They cut shifts drastically OR will work you till you pass out. If you ask a question to another employee about something related to the store, a manager will tell at you and claim you're not working, while they stand around and talk.

Advice to Management

I love some managers but to the ones that I don't, treat your employees better. You make them disrespect you because you talk down to them.