Express - Pleasant experience working at Express. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Express

"Pleasant experience working at Express."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Louisville, KY

I worked at Express part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The managers and sales leads at Express are very pleasant to work with. Most of them are very down-to-earth and actually care about their employees. They recognize and praise their employees' hard work and don't have unrealistic expectations.

Cons

The only downside of working at Express was a particular manager who put a lot of pressure on the employees to behave as if we worked for a sales commission, but sometimes you get an unpleasant manager every now and then.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Other Employee Reviews for Express

"poor pay no life balance"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Express part-time (More than a year)

Pros

discount but only once awhile. clothes are pretty

Cons

long working hour, less pay

Advice to Management

be more understandable

2. "Overall I have enjoyed my time at Express mostly because of the people I work with. The company could make a few changes"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Express part-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the pros of working at Express as I said before are the individuals. Everyone is very welcoming and open to answering questions. The managers try to be understanding of the associates problems creating an open environment. I only work part-time so the hours change every week which is good because I would get bored of the same routine eventually.

Cons

The cons are that the managers can sometimes be a little unprofessional. There was a time when one of the managers was talking about different types of consumers by race and I thought it to be extremely inappropriate.

Also, the lunch breaks are ridiculous. You have to work 6 1/2 hours before you can get a HALF hour break. They will never give you a full hour, even if you work more than 7 hours. They will break up your break so that it equals an hour. For instance, you get 45 minutes, then a couple hours later they will give you a 15 minute break.

Lastly, the store hours. The store used to close at 9pm Monday-Saturday and 8pm on Sunday's. Now we close at 10pm Monday-Saturday and 9pm on Sunday's.

Advice to Management

Give your employees more lunch break time.

Close the store at a decent hour so we won't get home so late.