Express - Overall I have enjoyed my time at Express mostly because of the people I work with. The company could make a few changes | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Express

"Overall I have enjoyed my time at Express mostly because of the people I work with. The company could make a few changes"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Express part-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the pros of working at Express as I said before are the individuals. Everyone is very welcoming and open to answering questions. The managers try to be understanding of the associates problems creating an open environment. I only work part-time so the hours change every week which is good because I would get bored of the same routine eventually.

Cons

The cons are that the managers can sometimes be a little unprofessional. There was a time when one of the managers was talking about different types of consumers by race and I thought it to be extremely inappropriate.

Also, the lunch breaks are ridiculous. You have to work 6 1/2 hours before you can get a HALF hour break. They will never give you a full hour, even if you work more than 7 hours. They will break up your break so that it equals an hour. For instance, you get 45 minutes, then a couple hours later they will give you a 15 minute break.

Lastly, the store hours. The store used to close at 9pm Monday-Saturday and 8pm on Sunday's. Now we close at 10pm Monday-Saturday and 9pm on Sunday's.

Advice to Management

Give your employees more lunch break time.

Close the store at a decent hour so we won't get home so late.

Other Employee Reviews for Express

1. "It was a great learning experience but it was not rewarding enough for my level of performance and interest in the job."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I worked at Express part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They found ways to make work meetings fun, floor sets were more relaxed and informal, dress code was good, had the flexability to work in the section of the store that you were good at

Cons

Catty employees, minimum wage, exceeded at the job but didn't feel rewarding, high turnover rate

"You'll be lucky to get 12hrs a week at minimum wage."

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Express part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee discount is fair, work enviroment is upbeat,

Cons

hours, Any chance of Moving up depends solely on selling express credit cards that carry a large interest rate, Cant get hours.