Express - Brand Co-Manager | Glassdoor

"Brand Co-Manager"

Former Employee - Brand Co-Manager in Florence, KY
Former Employee - Brand Co-Manager in Florence, KY

I worked at Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to develop skills in the retail world. Has great training programs and commitment to better internal candidates for promotions. Experience gained at Express also weighs heavily on your resume in a positive way for future jobs with other retailers.

Cons

Sometimes you feel to pressured to buy buy buy constantly to help make numbers.

Advice to Management

Remember the Core Values of the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Express

1. "The Fashion Authority"

Current Employee - Sales Lead in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Lead in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really do make a difference in people's lives. I work in a fast-paced enviroment, so there is never a dull moment. The associates are amazing. The previous SM was not good. The current SM is a world of a difference and when the right people are working, it makes everything smooth.

Cons

Little incentives. Pay is not close to what it should be for all the work that keeps the store going. Lack of pay for basic associates means a high turnover rate, but we do recruit the best. It is rare to leave when you're scheduled to leave.

Advice to Management

Pay the associates more than the minimum.

2. "Well I needed a job."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Edina, MN

I have been working at Express part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good discount, fun clothes, fun sales associates, customers no worse than anywhere else.

Cons

Low pay, expect you to stay late somedays and other days send you home hours early, treat you like a cog in the machine not a person, manager's didn't make growth an option. No respect is had in the store for each other.

Advice to Management

Find ways to encourage your employees from their end, things like "better sales mean more hours" don't help me when I'm only available one shift a week and am always scheduled then. Why should I over exert myself? Also no way to comment on store politics without getting catty, I had issues with a assistant manager who was not nice to me (so much so he made me cry) and I didn't know who to talk to about it who would take me seriously.