Express - Not so bad | Glassdoor

"Not so bad"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waco, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waco, TX

I worked at Express part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is usually up to working with you and your schedule and if you need off you can usually get it no problem. The discount is pretty good and it's a smaller store so you don't have the issues of a bigger one.

Cons

Not so great at hiring employees, so the bad hires would quit leaving the good ones to pick up the slack. Sometimes management would just disappear or not be conscious of time and make associates stay longer than scheduled.

Advice to Management

Hire reliable people and people who are going to represent the brand and the store well. Be careful of having favorites.

Other Employee Reviews for Express

1. "Rewarding"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Davenport, IA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Davenport, IA

I worked at Express part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team environment, love the customers,
    Worked with my school schedule,

Cons

Lots of Friday and Saturday nights

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! Even part time people like challenges, I will consider a career in retail management after school because of my experience with Express.

2. "For teenagers only."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Aventura, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Aventura, FL

I have been working at Express part-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of other than great friends to work with.

Cons

The pay, scheduling, and management is built around milking the employees for as little pay as possible and pushing them so the management team can make their bonuses off of their work.

Advice to Management

For God's sake, give something to the (retail) employees for their work. Express does absolutely nothing for their store employees (not management). You give it all to managers who work them like slaves to make a dinky bonus. Stop trying to fool employees into thinking the "employee discount" is really an employee discount when you make that money back from their hourly wages with profit on top of it. A bagger at grocery store makes more money than your sales associates and they have less to deal with. I have actually told people to go be a bagger when they ask about working retail with Express. The opportunities would probably be better there anyways. I loved the people I worked with, couldn't stand the corporate attitude towards the little people who work so hard to make Mr. Weiss and everyone above store manager so rich. I'm not writing this to the management anyways, I'm writing for anyone who wants to be empowered and feel like they work for a company that actually recognizes them and believes in their success. I want to let you know Express will not be that place for you.