KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee

Money ain't everything! In fact, it means very little when you're treated like crap.

Sep 21, 2011 - Analyst in Bloomington, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is on the high end of market value and benefits are on the better end of most corporate gigs.

Cons

Management is horrible. Work/life balance is non existent. My direct supervisor, who had no real power, was great, but anyone director level or above is completely out of touch about the complexity of the business and systems. Employees are only valued with lip service. This is a Fortune 50 company and employee appreciation day consisted of watered down chili and a .39 cent mini flashlight? I appreciate that there actually IS an employee appreciation day, but that is so cheap when the company is making record profits. I'd rather have nothing than such a chintzy display. I know most companies have been struggling in the recession, but ESI has not and they've been cutting jobs, benefits, increasing workloads etc as if they were in dire financial straits. Why? Because they can take advantage of workers in a bad economy. I mean why eliminate casual Fridays at locations that don't really have client contact? What is the purpose in that? To show the employees who is boss literally. It was by far the worst 4 years of my professional life and I used to work in a group home where I had to brush dog crap out of someone's teeth and change people's diapers and THAT was a better job than working at ESI. No amount of money made it worth it to stay there. I am now at a place where I am respected and treated with dignity and have a great work/life balance. Once the economy improves, I'm sure people will leave ESI in droves until management is forced to begin treating their employees like valued human beings again in order to have any staff at all.

Continue reading
    15 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work for people with a family

Mar 3, 2022 -  in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance salary co-workers family first

Cons

none that I see so far.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good Place to Start

Aug 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, good benefits, flexible

Cons

Below average salaries, significant leadership changes

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Express Scripts.

Express Scripts Photos

+ Add Photo
Express Scripts photo of: Express Scripts' Headquarters
Express Scripts photo of: 2018 Veterans Day Celebration
Express Scripts photo of: 2018 Experience Diversity Summit Artwork
Express Scripts photo of: Can Can Sculpture Contest
Express Scripts photo of: POW/MIA Table was on display at our corporate headquarters as a place of honor for fallen, missing or imprisoned military service members throughout the Memorial Day Weekend.
Express Scripts photo of: Some of HQ interns celebrating #NationalInternDay