Express Scripts - A great place to work | Glassdoor

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Data Entry Pharmacy Technician in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Data Entry Pharmacy Technician in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Express scripts offers a vast knowledge and insight into the pharmacy world. you are amble to understand what it takesfor Stine of the customers to actually get their medicines

Cons

There are some periods of overtime when it seems you have no personal time

Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts

"Wait and See"

Current Employee - Management in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Management in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Medco was a great company to work for. They showed their appreciation for their employees through both pay and the WOW program.
    We will see if Express Scripts can continue that

Cons

Leadership does not communicate with management in the sites let alone employees, the plan that they are working on to merge the 2 companies. We are now seeing employees being laid off and have no idea who is next or what the overall goal is. This is highly demporalizing to the employees and the atmosphere at work has plummeted as a result. Management is in no position to help the employees through this because they have not been informed either.

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATE!!!
    Let management in on the steps and goals. The empoyees dont need to know everything but they need to know that an end is in sight and that the goal we are working for is worth the pain we endure now.

"Medco Had A Good Thing Going"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay, benefits, and location is good for the time being. That may change, no one seems to know.

Cons

An atmosphere of secrecy looms over the day to day operation. There is no room to grow as an individual and management does not care about you contributions. Submit a simple solution to a productivity problem? You'll be told it's a great idea before you are told to cease development. Even if there was no cost to the company.

Poorly managed doesn't say enough. They announced that we would be starting to use a new software platform which we were told was not finished, had several bugs, and required dozens of work-arounds they already knew about before we even started using it. But here they were all ready to put efficiency, productivity, and customer data on the line with unfinished (and already out-dated) software. Then the day it was supposed to launch we are told there was a problem deploying it and it would be another week. A week goes by and another hiccup stalls their brilliant scheme. Two weeks later we are told it is suspended indefinitely due to major problems. They were willing to knowingly use broken software to run critical portions of the operation involving clinical drug checks, protected patient information, and patient safety. And those of us that would have had to use this to perform our jobs would have been scrutinized and micro-managed for not being able to overcome the glaring problems they gave us. Unacceptable.

Advice to Management

Get it together. You claim to want to make an organization built from the best and brightest but so far you have demonstrated you are unfamiliar with recognizing either when they are right in front of you. You shouldn't allow your supervisors to purposefully disseminate false information regarding policies and practices in blatant attempts at getting someone to violate said policies thereby terminating their positions. This happens all the time and I've seen several go because of stunts like this. This company has the resources and ability to do something incredible for it's workers, it's clients, and above all; the patients we serve. But the boat is being steered by too many hands and not enough people are really looking out for the best interests of everyone involved.