Express Scripts - Account Team | Glassdoor

"Account Team"

Current Employee - Account Team in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Account Team in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company is strong financially, has always been frugal. Stock price is volatile but always comes back. Type of business will always be a survivor due to increasing age of population.

Cons

Always tough to work for. Directors do their best to be liaison between Sr. Mgmt and client facing teams, but seems all company worried about is maintaining stock price, at the expense of our clients, patients and employees. Migrating all accounts to new systems without much notice to clients, which is outrageous. ESI has always tried to be as proactive as possible, but with the system updates, we are moving forward so fast it is scary.

Advice to Management

slow down, consider that your account teams are the most important people right now in trying to juggle internal demands and keeping clients happy by stomping out fires. Give us a carrot or something to look forward to as we move through this migration, rather than constant demands of new products, products that we are supposed to have, but now don't, changing organizational charts, a lot of unknowns. Sr. Mgmt has no idea what the worker bees deal with on a day in and day out....and directors are too afraid to pass on any negativity in fear of getting a black mark on their record, so everyone acts like things are wonderful. Give your teams the credit they deserve, especially the legacy ESI people who have not received bonuses in past few years. We know our Medco friends did, and that doesn't sit well either.

Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts

1. "Business side is pretty good"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, advancement potential, growing company

Cons

Fast paced, IT side pays well, but hours are brutal. Client contracts sometimes emphasize short term gain over long term relationships.

Advice to Management

Be a little more straightforward with clients. The market is getting very competitive, we are doing ourselves no favors by over complicating agreements.

"Promises made are not to be trusted"

Current Employee - Security Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Security Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice Facilities to work in.
    Decent Pay

Cons

HR support not credible and can be undermining.
    Toxic and hostile work environment
    Management thinks little of work life balance. Despite claims to the contrary. Internal development of employees is inoperable

Advice to Management

Fire you 20 something bean counters. Find a way to grow business rather than buy business. You've shot you wad with Medco and you have nothing further to offer customers or employee.