Express Scripts - Overworked | Glassdoor

"Overworked"

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are a lot of great opportunities to learn new things. There are advancement opportunities if you do not mind working your way up very slowly.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid and most people are under-titled by at least one compared to any competitors so it makes it difficult to move to any role outside of the company without taking a step down.

Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts

"I really miss Medco"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can still work from home & I still get a paycheck.

Cons

It's hard to put into words how demoralizing this place has become. There has really been no effort at integrating teams or making sure the right person is in the right role. Every time there is a challenge or something goes wrong, it's because of "Medco", yet it's the Medco systems that are being used, so maybe they need to consider that they're letting the wrong people go. The work-life balance is horrendous. So far I've worked 5 out of the last 6 weekends and I have to work New Years Day. I'm expecting them to tell me any minute that I need to work Christmas.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the decisions you're making regarding who stays and who goes. A lot of talent was shown the door and we're all suffering for it. Be more available. In the last 8 months George has addressed the entire company all of once!

2. "UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!!!"

Current Contractor - Prior Authorization Clerk
    Current Contractor - Prior Authorization Clerk

I have been working at Express Scripts as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a few people there that may be comfortable, but those are the ones that look out for themselves.

Cons

There are several cons there that are very rude and treat contract workers like dirt.

Advice to Management

I was recentley hired as a Prior Authorization Clerk through a job agency. The training was absolutely horrible. The trainer that I was assigned to was extremely rude, disrespectful, caniving, as well as unprofessional. Her interest was not preparing us for the job it was just about her getting through the day. I have never experienced training as horrible as this.
    The training class began with 25 people and at the end of seven weeks there was about 12 people that were still in training ( and most of the people left because of this particular trainer's unprofessionalism).
    ESI needs to reevaluate having her as a trainer!!!!!!!!!!