Express Scripts - Great Dog & Pony Show in Ethics Training Loses Great Employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

"Great Dog & Pony Show in Ethics Training Loses Great Employees"

Pros

Lots of smart, earnest employees on the front lines in terms of Patient Care Advocates, Client Services Specialists, Client Administrators and a variety of technical specialists. The recruiters working to gather these folks do a great job.

Cons

While Express Scripts puts on a fine show by way of its various mandatory intranet training sessions, upper management fails to follow through on these same moral precepts. While the company hires great front line employees, upper management's behavior undermines the belief of these employees in its corporate culture.

Advice to Management

Please take the Code of Conduct training yourselves and take it to heart. As long as upper management fails to follow the precepts of the company's code of ethics, Express Scripts will continue losing its most talented people.

Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts

"When the company loses at least half of all new hires within the first month, something is wrong."

Former Employee - Data Entry in Bensalem, PA
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits package is awesome. (At least in the union shops.)
    Guaranteed full time work.
    You can accrue up to four weeks paid vacation within one year.

Cons

Unless you're seriously down and out and just need a job to scrape by for a few months, or someone with no office experience or just out of school, then I suggest you turn and RUN not walk the other way.

For the data entry position they generally hire on about 20 people. By the end of your initial training, expect as much as half the class to have been canned. Then of those who get to advance to the floor, expect at least half more to be gone by the end of the 120 day probation period. Within a year, it would be astounding to see even one of those 20 people still working there. In my opinion, this is horrible business practice. Wouldn't it be better to hire 5 people, of whom all are very qualified, and then train them correctly (so you won't have to fire them in a few months) and pay them a living wage so they want to stay? The environment is hostile because you're constantly being told that you'll kill someone's grandma, it's extremely stressful because they expect you to pump out 30 scripts an hour which is inhuman if you're going for complete accuracy.

I lasted a month before I became so stressed out at work that I felt I couldn't perform. Seriously, unles this is your breakthrough into the medical field or the administrative field, don't even waste your time. Chances are, you won't even make it out of the first three weeks. Good freaking luck.

Advice to Management

Stop this ridiculousness with hiring people. Hire less people, train them better, pay them more. I assure you that your company would benefit from that.

"Data Entry Tech at Express Scripts"

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time

Pros

Good benefits, somewhat friendly employees, and Monday through Friday shift

Cons

Inconsistant management and HR department. Don't every mention something to your supervisor about improving work flow that they see as negative, it will come up in your review. HR does nothing but side with management when they know clearly they are wrong in certain situations. Supervisors say and do what they want to a tech because they have the power to do so. I've been with the company for over five years on the healthbridge side of ESI and tried to move forward hundreds of times, but I'm still stuck in this position.

Advice to Management

Step in the shoes of the people who process your applications, take your calls, earn the money for this company and see how it truly feels to be stuck. Management needs to be restructured on the ways dealing with people instead of making a hostile work environment under your dictatorship you call "managing".