Express Scripts - Great Dog & Pony Show in Ethics Training Loses Great Employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

"Great Dog & Pony Show in Ethics Training Loses Great Employees"

Pros

Lots of smart, earnest employees on the front lines in terms of Patient Care Advocates, Client Services Specialists, Client Administrators and a variety of technical specialists. The recruiters working to gather these folks do a great job.

Cons

While Express Scripts puts on a fine show by way of its various mandatory intranet training sessions, upper management fails to follow through on these same moral precepts. While the company hires great front line employees, upper management's behavior undermines the belief of these employees in its corporate culture.

Advice to Management

Please take the Code of Conduct training yourselves and take it to heart. As long as upper management fails to follow the precepts of the company's code of ethics, Express Scripts will continue losing its most talented people.

Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts

"Data Entry Tech at Express Scripts"

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time

Pros

Good benefits, somewhat friendly employees, and Monday through Friday shift

Cons

Inconsistant management and HR department. Don't every mention something to your supervisor about improving work flow that they see as negative, it will come up in your review. HR does nothing but side with management when they know clearly they are wrong in certain situations. Supervisors say and do what they want to a tech because they have the power to do so. I've been with the company for over five years on the healthbridge side of ESI and tried to move forward hundreds of times, but I'm still stuck in this position.

Advice to Management

Step in the shoes of the people who process your applications, take your calls, earn the money for this company and see how it truly feels to be stuck. Management needs to be restructured on the ways dealing with people instead of making a hostile work environment under your dictatorship you call "managing".

"ESI is Sweatshop; Senior Management is Incompetent"

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are NO positives at ESI. Senior Management (VP on up) is incompetent and they create an oppressive and toxic work environment.

Cons

The place is a sweatshop and is so inefficient with archaic and redundant processes; everything is done with Excel and PowerPoint. Many (not all, but probably 50%) Legacy-ESI folks are down-right rude and disrespectful. There is no growth opportunity which is evidenced by the poor tenure. Average tenure for employees appears to be somewhere in the neighborhood of three to five years, whereas legacy-Medco average tenure was better than 10 years.

No one can make a decision. Everything is decision by committee. It is necessary to have a meeting to make a decision. And you cannot just have a meeting, you must have at least several pre-meetings.

Employee morale among legacy-Medco folks is non-existent. We no longer have any sense of purpose, value, ownership, etc. We know management does not value us even though we built systems that they are now moving their clients to. Interestingly enough, after reading some of the reviews on this site, it is clear many legacy-ESI folks feel the same way.

Medical Benefits are terrible. Premium has nearly doubled from last year and I now have a family deductible of approx. $4,000. Time-Off policies are right out of a union shop - we no longer have an allotment of days that we can use as of 01/01; now we must accrue days before we can take time off. Therefore, if you do not "carry" days from the previous year and you are sick the first few days of January, you will NOT get paid; your paycheck will be "short".

Staffing model (at least in IT) is 25 - 40 percent employee with the remainder made up of contingents (half of which are off-shore). They have employees reporting to consultants and consultants making business decisions.

Is all of this what an educated tenured professional should expect? Of course not. It is disgraceful, and Senior Management should be embarrassed and ashamed but they are not and will not be; they simply do not care.

Advice to Management

Stop calling the ESI-Medco merger an acquisition. Let's call it for what it really was - Dave Snow sold us out; he sold-out Medco; he sold-out Medco's stockholders and screwed 24K employees & their families.

Medco strove for Excellence; ESI strives for Mediocrity.

ESI will never achieve the greatness that was Medco; you should not even try.