Express Scripts - Plenty of Opportunity | Glassdoor

"Plenty of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Automation Service Specialist in Whitestown, IN
Current Employee - Pharmacy Automation Service Specialist in Whitestown, IN

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Express Scripts is growing daily. I feel like it is a great company to work for and grow within. They are many opportunities and with such benefits as tuition reimbursement, the possibilities are endless.

Cons

I don't have any downsides to comment on.

Advice to Management

Great job helping your employees grow and develop their career.

Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts

"The Jury is still out"

Current Employee - St Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - St Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ESI management is very unqualified..MSH management will be called upon to make the big decisions..PTO time is generous.

Cons

Very long hours. There is no balance vs. company and home life. Too many egos in upper management to make it a cohesive environment.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people that are doing the work.....Don't sit back and wait to "scream" at someone.

"ESI is Sweatshop; Senior Management is Incompetent"

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are NO positives at ESI. Senior Management (VP on up) is incompetent and they create an oppressive and toxic work environment.

Cons

The place is a sweatshop and is so inefficient with archaic and redundant processes; everything is done with Excel and PowerPoint. Many (not all, but probably 50%) Legacy-ESI folks are down-right rude and disrespectful. There is no growth opportunity which is evidenced by the poor tenure. Average tenure for employees appears to be somewhere in the neighborhood of three to five years, whereas legacy-Medco average tenure was better than 10 years.

No one can make a decision. Everything is decision by committee. It is necessary to have a meeting to make a decision. And you cannot just have a meeting, you must have at least several pre-meetings.

Employee morale among legacy-Medco folks is non-existent. We no longer have any sense of purpose, value, ownership, etc. We know management does not value us even though we built systems that they are now moving their clients to. Interestingly enough, after reading some of the reviews on this site, it is clear many legacy-ESI folks feel the same way.

Medical Benefits are terrible. Premium has nearly doubled from last year and I now have a family deductible of approx. $4,000. Time-Off policies are right out of a union shop - we no longer have an allotment of days that we can use as of 01/01; now we must accrue days before we can take time off. Therefore, if you do not "carry" days from the previous year and you are sick the first few days of January, you will NOT get paid; your paycheck will be "short".

Staffing model (at least in IT) is 25 - 40 percent employee with the remainder made up of contingents (half of which are off-shore). They have employees reporting to consultants and consultants making business decisions.

Is all of this what an educated tenured professional should expect? Of course not. It is disgraceful, and Senior Management should be embarrassed and ashamed but they are not and will not be; they simply do not care.

Advice to Management

Stop calling the ESI-Medco merger an acquisition. Let's call it for what it really was - Dave Snow sold us out; he sold-out Medco; he sold-out Medco's stockholders and screwed 24K employees & their families.

Medco strove for Excellence; ESI strives for Mediocrity.

ESI will never achieve the greatness that was Medco; you should not even try.