Express Scripts - Express Scripts Rewards Mediocraty | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

"Express Scripts Rewards Mediocraty"

Current Employee - Pca in Missoula, MT
Current Employee - Pca in Missoula, MT

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great PTO, good benefits, some flexible scheduling such as work at home as long as your manager gets behind work at home.

Cons

There is almost no opportunity for advancement unless you know the right people and that isn't saying much. Rewards go to those who follow scripting but don't think much. Just saw someone get "circle of excellence" who regularly screws up and can barely compose a sentence. It makes it difficult to give your all to a company that rewards you with average reviews when you are a work horse and try hard to give the very best customer service. . Its fine if you don't expect to much but the stress level for a front line job is terrible. I make about $3 more an hour than I did 8'years ago. The only reason I stay is I'm tired of the job hunt and getting ready to retire. Also I love my coworkers. Since the merger it's gotten worse and I think it's safe to say there is a fair share of bitterness from former Medco employees. I don't know how long I'm going to be able to keep it up.

Advice to Management

I think upper management has their hands tied but if not, remember the front line people. Don't insult them by rewarding them with food. You have alot of professionals who needed jobs during the job slump. Treat them as such and pay them a living wage. Quit rewarding those who read the scripting but do little else correctly. You are headed for a massive turnover. Wake up.

Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts

1. "Plenty of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Automation Service Specialist in Whitestown, IN
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Automation Service Specialist in Whitestown, IN

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Express Scripts is growing daily. I feel like it is a great company to work for and grow within. They are many opportunities and with such benefits as tuition reimbursement, the possibilities are endless.

Cons

I don't have any downsides to comment on.

Advice to Management

Great job helping your employees grow and develop their career.

"The Jury is still out"

Current Employee - St Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - St Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ESI management is very unqualified..MSH management will be called upon to make the big decisions..PTO time is generous.

Cons

Very long hours. There is no balance vs. company and home life. Too many egos in upper management to make it a cohesive environment.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people that are doing the work.....Don't sit back and wait to "scream" at someone.