Express Scripts - Assistant Project Manager | Glassdoor

"Assistant Project Manager"

Former Contractor - Assistant Project Manager
Former Contractor - Assistant Project Manager

I worked at Express Scripts as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, organized, apart of something that is actually important

Cons

I was a contracted worker, and the way full time employees treat contracted workers is weird. I sat in a room with 2 other contracted workers totally separated from full time employees.

Advice to Management

Upper management should work everyday in the office, having a manager that works remotely from home is a huge pain

Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts

"I would rather be back at wal-mart"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have to admit that some of the people I work with are pleasant to work with and make the day go by faster.

Cons

I was hired under the impression that I'd be doing one job and then that was changed during training. I was trained to do what I was initially hired to do then my supervisor added 3x more work on programs that even the trainer himself didn't know. Everyone on the "team" was supposed to be crossed train on everything but there's only one or 2 people that actually are trained on everything. And being trained on multiple programs doesn't equal higher pay, just more stress of keeping all the information straight. For my "team" it's not a matter of data entry on mulitple programs. My job requires me to take calls and do data entry for mulitple programs at the same time.

While the job itself can be gratifying, the work itself is not worth the stress. Time off doesn't come easy to get a break from the stress. In order to get anything more than a day off, you almost have to ask months in advance. That is if you know that far in advance that you need time off. If you get sick or your kid gets sick, sure you can get time off but it's going to cost you "attendance points." Get too many of those from either having an unplanned absence or you get stuck in traffic so you're late or have to leave early, and you're done.

I left a job in a Walmart pharmacy for this job and I have regretted it more and more everyday since I quit. I was at the point of not wanting to even get out of bed for work when I worked at Walmart but I would take that job with those customers back any day as long as I could get away from Express Scripts. What does that say?

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about the almightly dollar and start thinking about your employees.

"Great company... when the company was called Medco"

Current Employee - RPH
    Current Employee - RPH

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They pay me every week and provide medical insurance.

Cons

penny-pinching, disorganized, micromanaging, incompetent, lack of compassion. We all miss Medco!

Advice to Management

Good employees will leave(and have) if changes aren't made.