Express Scripts - This company needs to get its act together, and fast! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

"This company needs to get its act together, and fast!"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Express Scripts as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Contractor pay is reasonable (though not exceptional).
Working from home is allowed.
Working hours are somewhat flexible.
There are still some nice people.

Cons

Managers have no expertise in the areas they supervise. Communication is almost non-existent. There is no direction at all from upper management. Quality of output is not a consideration. Meeting arbitrary deadlines is the only concern. Much work is redundant and unnecessary. Overtime is frequently demanded, but the results of overtime work is often discarded or completely redone for arbitrary reasons. It seems as though no one in the company has the experience or expertise to develop efficient processes that result in quality, on-time output.

Advice to Management

Bring in people who can provide the expertise to get the company moving forward. Eliminate open-ended contract jobs and replace them with full-time jobs with full benefits and reasonable pay. Provide training for entry-level employees. Support employees with the up-to-date tools and technology that they need to do their work.

Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts

"Culture of Disposable Employees"

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It is a large company, which offers some piece of mind, average to above health
    insurance but costs $$, hours are good, and time off can be flexible. The company is
    full of Good people to work with, who try to do a good job for our patients.

Cons

The company sets strictly enforced rate expectations for Pharmacist and
    Technicians that are mostly unattainable without cutting corners. If
    you are making corrections or needing to clarify something or spending
    more than average time with a patient or doctor's office on the phone
    then it will make it more difficult to achieve the expected rate. This
    puts us in a compromising position, where job security is threatened at
    the expense of potentially decreasing patient safety, and or not
    fulfilling patient/client expectations. This is a perfect storm in an
    environment where there are fewer and fewer jobs available. There has
    been significant increases in efficiency's deserving of praise, but only
     met with higher rate expectations and threats. This company appears
    not to appreciate its workers, and have stripped away the pride that
    many used to have in their work. At the end of the day I am
    increasingly left with the feeling that I didn't do the best job for the
     patient and deliver what their insurance is paying for and expecting.
    There is also very little if any company sponsored events for employees
    outside work hours.

Advice to Management

Everyone wants their company to succeed in this competitive market and would be
    happy to see increases in production. But the current threatening work environment does not help a company to be the best, and most competitive in the Market Place. It Does not create a Team of Dedicated workers that collaborate at times to do the best job for their patients, but rather a collection of Individuals who are less likely to help each other knowing that it could hurt their rates and therefore their job security. These same individuals know that each time they catch an error and have to clarify something on the prescription it can directly lower their rates. Finding errors on prescriptions used to be a measure of an above average employee, who was praised for doing a good job. Now finding too many errors and spending time to correct it will cause them to have lower rates and ultimately risk loosing their job. Employees are moms and dads, husbands and wives, sisters and brothers and lastly they are also real people and our patients. If there are too many employees do the right thing and lay us off, or offer more separation agreements. If not measure us on metrics that produce a better quality product for our patients. There should be a balance between rates and quality incentives. Not only do these tactics do nothing to improve the our business and reputation, they put patients and contracts at risk, hurt the moral by demeaning the same employees who continue to give more of themselves, and lastly they do much worse by destroying the very Integrity of business we serve.

"Top Down, Micromagement"

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Charitible giving- employees care about their communities. A small paycheck is better than no paycheck.

Cons

Micromanagement at it's finest. Open door policy is a joke. Compensation.

Advice to Management

LISTEN to employees. Stop micromanaging and listen! Home Office is completely out of touch with field operations. "Mutual Respect" means nothing as long as you produce big numbers.