Express Scripts - This company needs to get its act together, and fast! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

"This company needs to get its act together, and fast!"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Express Scripts as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Contractor pay is reasonable (though not exceptional).
Working from home is allowed.
Working hours are somewhat flexible.
There are still some nice people.

Cons

Managers have no expertise in the areas they supervise. Communication is almost non-existent. There is no direction at all from upper management. Quality of output is not a consideration. Meeting arbitrary deadlines is the only concern. Much work is redundant and unnecessary. Overtime is frequently demanded, but the results of overtime work is often discarded or completely redone for arbitrary reasons. It seems as though no one in the company has the experience or expertise to develop efficient processes that result in quality, on-time output.

Advice to Management

Bring in people who can provide the expertise to get the company moving forward. Eliminate open-ended contract jobs and replace them with full-time jobs with full benefits and reasonable pay. Provide training for entry-level employees. Support employees with the up-to-date tools and technology that they need to do their work.

Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts

"Demanding, but rewarding, if you seek it."

Current Employee - Senior Intervention Technician in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Intervention Technician in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work can be demanding at times, but it's also simple enough, and it's pretty easy to grow with the company too, if you look and ask for it.

Cons

Work/life balance can be tough in the company, and the volume of work can be unstable--you can have no work one day, and be completely swamped the next.The constant changes in policies and procedures can be overwhelming too.

Advice to Management

While things are getting better, communication among the different departments is a bit lacking. It's especially important to keep everyone in the loop, if there are numerous changes happening.

"Rated top 3 in the worst companies I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My co-workers are awesome people- that's it, nothing else.

Cons

Legacy Medco was head & shoulders above ESI. Since the merger, it's been disastrous, I've been with ESI since the merger and see how they run their company. I gave it a chance, I truly did. However, ESI hires the cheapest staff they can find, their management hires in St Louis are a joke. They don't have long range plans, they implement changes and don't plan how it will affect the downstream areas. The downstream areas are confused by the work you do....It's just silo after silo. It's disorganized and poorly run. Nothing ESI does is properly managed or thought out. Company is so 15 years ago, the technology they use is a joke, their business practices are from 1992.....it's like stepping into a time machine when you visit headquarters in St. Louis. It's so sad when I come to the office in NJ, remembering how great Medco was, so innovative with lots of opportunity. Understanding it's a business and we're here to make money, this company is so poorly run from top to bottom. The benefits that were offered for 2014 were a joke!

Advice to Management

I wouldn't know where to begin, it's a disaster- every.single.department.