Express Scripts - Not happy with this company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Express Scripts

"Not happy with this company"

Former Employee - Pharmacist in Dublin, OH
Former Employee - Pharmacist in Dublin, OH

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Standard benefits, can minimally flex hours (work a Saturday) if need to, 401K match

Cons

I had a phone job/ all calls were listened to and evaluated/ there was constant coaching or negativity about calls and micromanagement to follow a script even as a professional. We were evaluated on quota and output, rather than quality. If you fell below their high quota, you heard about it. Equipment was constantly crashing or failing, but we were expected to keep up the same high numbers. Customer service seemed to be non-existent in most cases that I transferred to CS for help. When Express Scripts took over Medco they cut bonuses to all employees in my dept. and that was equivalent to a large pay cut. Only a very few top people now receive a small bonus, the rest get nothing. Their hourly pay is way below other jobs in my field, and they clock every minute you are on the computer. If their equipment fails or there is an internet outage, they expect people to make up the time on their own if they work at home. Not enough pd time off for the pressure of the job. Substandard health insurance at a tiered cost: if you make more, you pay substantially more for it.

Advice to Management

More pd time off and better wages. More part-time positions. Yes we know the CEO gets millions in bonus for the work we do, but investing more in making your work force happier will result in much more loyal employees. STOP listening to calls of licensed professionals and give them grades like they are middle-schoolers. Do more than email us, "Great job, team." How about a paid day off once in awhile as reward for a job well done. Reinstate a decent bonus as incentive to do more than minimal. There is no recognition for good work, outside receiving a group email. Keep people better informed as to what is happening within the company. I never even knew who my upper managers were. Most of them left between the time Medco took over and now, and the new ones never bothered to contact my dept. to introduce themselves.

Other Employee Reviews for Express Scripts

"Changing atmosphere"

I worked at Express Scripts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

co workers are great. hard working

Cons

Management likes to cut corners

"Analsyt"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Franklin Lakes, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Franklin Lakes, NJ

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There aren't any pros to working for Express Scripts.

Cons

We are providing medication to patients in need, not selling widgets

Advice to Management

Patients are not just a metric