Extend-A-Care for Kids - Group Lader | Glassdoor
  1. "Group Lader"

Current Employee - Group Leader in Austin, TX

I have been working at Extend-A-Care for Kids part-time for more than a year

Pros

Don't weekends and they are flexible with your schedule. Good job if you're in college. They train you well! The kids can be a lot of fun sometimes and sometimes bring a really fun memories. Easy to get the hang of if you enjoy kids. Other staff are typically really friendly and easy to get along with. They often have your back. You can move up if you do a good job and stick with it a while.

Cons

Not a lot of hours cause shifts are 2pm-6pm unless you work summers or school breaks then you get a ton of hours. Kids can be a pain sometimes, not the employer's fault it's just the nature of the job.

Extend-A-Care for Kids2018-07-06

September 12, 2018Executive Director

Thank you for recommending the job at EAC. We appreciate your perception of the job and the embedded issues related to hours and working with kids. We will continue to try new improvements to the benefits and hours for our employees. Let me know if you have any ideas at jaltobelli@eackids.org. ...

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Best ever"

Current Employee - Group Leader in Austin, TX

I have been working at Extend-A-Care for Kids part-time for more than a year

Pros

With transitioning from AS to summer camp you get to meet so many different kids & it’s like making new friends!

Cons

The kids do really like going to the pool & the kids feel we have a short time at the pool so, I would say maybe lengthen pool time or opt to 2 times out of the week?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing!

Extend-A-Care for Kids2019-07-22

July 26, 2019Executive Director

Hello! Thanks for reviewing Extend-A-Care for Kids and for your positive and informative review. We will look at the calendar next summer and see if we can expand the swim time. We now have an additional bus, so we may be able to expand the schedule. Love your input. Have a great ...

2. "Great"

Current Employee - Center Supervisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Extend-A-Care for Kids part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They are very structure.

Cons

You made have to work till 7 pm. If parents do not pick up their kids in time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Extend-A-Care for Kids2019-07-21

July 26, 2019Executive Director

Thank you for you review of Extend-A-Care and for your 5+-years of dedicated service! You are building a legacy in the community with the children and families. Let us know if we can help in any way. Kind regards, Joan Altobelli, PhD - Executive Director

Discover more reviews about Extend-A-Care for Kids.