Extend Health - Very Pleasant | Glassdoor

"Very Pleasant"

Current Employee - Benefit Advisor in Richardson, TX
Current Employee - Benefit Advisor in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Extend Health full-time

Pros

They train extremely well. Makes sure all customer service reps and insurance salesman are well equipped to help out any customer. They pay for the health/life insurance test and give you study material. Its a excellent work environment. All managers and supervisors are friendly and helpful.

Cons

Takes a while before they make you permanent so you go months without knowing if your job is secure.

Other Employee Reviews for Extend Health

1. "Good company to work for, however their work ethics and communication could improve."

Former Contractor - Operations Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Operations Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Extend Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment, hours and work life balance.

Cons

Management does great communication and they do not follow up well with their current or past associates.

Advice to Management

Communication is a key factor to being successful in the business. Please do not allow this to harm your business.

2. "I love my career, my co-workers, my clients and the support and management!!"

Current Employee - Benefits Advisor in West Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Benefits Advisor in West Jordan, UT

I have been working at Extend Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extend Health takes educating their employees/benefit advisors very seriously. They take no shortcuts to ensure as a benefits advisor/CSR rep you have access to all of the information you need to do an excellant job. I love my job and feel that for me it is more of a "calling" that a job. I love learning the new changes constantly and give me some ownery dude who dares me to help him and get him enrolled, I do that and have him dringking his ensure out of my shoe by the end of the call. I love these people and I love the medicare plans and the challenges they bring. I love my Supervisor (all of them past and present) I hope I work my last working day of my life at Extend Health, I just pray they are that loyal to me.

Cons

It is hard never feeling like you have job security. I am a very grateful full-time employee but I am reminded constantly that Extend Health can and will fire anyone they want even supervisors who have been there for 3+ years, and without any type of warning. It is hard doing a great job somedays when you have those worries in the back of your head.

Advice to Management

Let us know what you think of us before walking out the door with us. People can and do change if they know the job is to focus on somethin different or to be watching this majic number and meet it as much as you can. I just keep hearing "just do the best you can for the person who is on the phone". I worry that it couldn't possibly that easy because I am seeing people being laid-off and fired all of the time.

I love my job and I believe that shows loud and clear, if there is something else I should be making loud and clear to secure my job I would LOVE to know what those specific attributes would be.