Extra Space - Amazing leadership and culture | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Extra Space

"Amazing leadership and culture"

Current Employee - IT Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - IT Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Extra Space full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy coming to work every day. The people are exceptional. It's a challenging, collaborative, fun environment. The work-life balance is as good as it gets. There are well-defined career paths and many opportunities, but we're not so big that you go unnoticed. The company's history and outlook is incredible.

Cons

The benefits could be slightly better to match other employers. It's the only downside when recommending positions to outside candidates who have more PTO or cheaper healthcare. That being said, they aren't terrible.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Other Employee Reviews for Extra Space

1. "Invests in People"

Current Employee - District Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - District Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Extra Space full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extra Space is a company that believes in investing in its people by developing them and extending the same respect and appreciation for them that they expect employees to extend to customers. The work hours also offer a great balance between your professional and personal life.

Cons

I have no Cons to list.

"My Opinion"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Extra Space full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I like that we are given a great deal "ownership" at our stores in the regard to the fact that we are not micro-managed.The training given provides us with tools to do our job. I love that our company will listen to what is said by all employees & they have implemented suggestions given by us so that our jobs are easier & that we can take care of our customers more proficiently.
    I also like that we are closed on Sunday.

Cons

We used to be able to take 2 days off in a row ( Sunday, Monday)
    ( Saturday,Sunday) without having to use vacation time but now the days are split up. I think we should be allowed to do this at least once a month without using PTO.
     Also I believe that every site should have 2 employees and not have to share an assistant between stores. This is stressful if you are a busy site and need to share your assistant.

Advice to Management

Thank you for supporting us in the field .
    Maybe think about the possibility of opening at 8:00 or 8:30 with 1 employee & the other coming in at 9:30. I think we are missing an opportunity for new customers that work during our office hours and cannot come after work due to home responsibilities -children, elder parents that need care, etc.