Extra Space - Amazing leadership and culture | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Amazing leadership and culture"

Current Employee - IT Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - IT Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Extra Space full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy coming to work every day. The people are exceptional. It's a challenging, collaborative, fun environment. The work-life balance is as good as it gets. There are well-defined career paths and many opportunities, but we're not so big that you go unnoticed. The company's history and outlook is incredible.

Cons

The benefits could be slightly better to match other employers. It's the only downside when recommending positions to outside candidates who have more PTO or cheaper healthcare. That being said, they aren't terrible.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"On site assistant manager"

I worked at Extra Space full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The free apartment. There is little else I can put in this section.

Cons

There are so many cons. The biggest is that management does not care about you. I told my district manager that the store I was working at 3 of the 5 days a week made me depressed and really made me dislike my job. I was very unhappy. I was told it was my job and was moved to that store as full time. Thanks for that.

The upper management has zero idea on how to actually run a store. They only care about their numbers and getting their bonus.

The bonus setup is a joke and only the store manager profits even if they do less sales work than the assistant.

I was written up for applying for a transfer because I didn't ask my district manager if I could apply even though I had previously told him I want to transfer and apply for other positions in the company.

There are many more cons and far too many to list here. The company is a home and all they care about is paying you nothing to make them millions.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and actually promote from within rather than hire from outside which just makes the employee morale go down even further.

"Assistant Store Manager"

I have been working at Extra Space full-time

Pros

Hardworking co-workers and an appreciative and supportive management team

Cons

There are, at times, that you have to dig your heals in and get down and dirty to clean up, shall I say, more than the usual mess that a client might leave. Just put your gloves on and get it done!!!

Advice to Management

Prior to promoting an employee, make sure that the current Assistant Manager is not past over. If he or she is qualified, represents themselves to Extra Space Standards, proven themselves with the numbers they produce, the cleanliness and overall care of the site, the customer service they provide and treats fellow employees with respect.

Discover more reviews about Extra Space.