Extra Space - A company founded on honesty and progressive thinking from all sources. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Extra Space

"A company founded on honesty and progressive thinking from all sources."

Current Employee - District Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - District Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Throughout my career I have never had employers that encouraged AND acted on the ideas shared by me and others in the organization, at all levels. I have been promoted and given opportunities to act in as many roles as I would prepare myself for and look for more opportunities. This is a strong, dynamic and viable company.

Cons

not many opportunities to grow outside of SLC headquarters

Advice to Management

Keep on growing but keep the small feeling.

Other Employee Reviews for Extra Space

1. "It is a very nice place to work, you meet lots of people, and have a good time."

Current Employee - Storage Consultant in Montclair, CA
    Current Employee - Storage Consultant in Montclair, CA

Pros

You get to help people that are in adverse situations sometimes. And see the look of relief that comes from helping them in an emergency is very satisfying.

Cons

We sometimes find in neccessary to auction peoples stuff, I personally would rather people pay their rent and keep what they own.

Advice to Management

The top down management style is very pleasing. I have only been with the company a short time, but my district management and managers are all helpful.

2. "Extra Space is a great company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

The hours are family oriented the team is focused on positive progression. The Corporate leaders communicate with Store team members on a regular basis.

Cons

There are very little cons that come with working for Extra Space Storage. I think that some SM's don't follow the rules and let somethings pass them by. I believe that things are done a certain way for a reason and if the Corporate is putting it out its for a reason every facility should be running the same tight ship.