Extra Space Storage - Poor Management. Does not care about the store employees | Glassdoor

"Poor Management. Does not care about the store employees"

Current Employee - Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Extra Space Storage full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Hours. Good home life, if you aren't expected to go to constant after hours calls

Cons

Favoritism and nepotism is how things are run. The corporate level does not care about the employees at the store level and keep cutting and cutting. How about cut at the corporate level, instead of making up positions. DM's don't manage and let DTL's run the show. This is not how it should be. Very sad to what this company has turned into. No way to advice, unless your male.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look into the District level rolls and stop showing favoritism. Each area acts like they are correct and there is never a united front.

Extra Space Storage2019-09-16
  1. "Storage: A hidden jem career that boasts growth and opportunity; based on merit!"

Current Employee - District Team Leader in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Extra Space Storage full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Quality of life, Pay, Benefits, Growth opportunity, Easy access and prompt response from corporate personnel and operations teams/departments, Visual and interactive training and development, Company Values, and the list can really go on and on. I feel valued as an employee of 11 years, so I feel there are many pro's with Extra Space Storage.

Cons

The only con I've heard from other employees is not having 2 days off in a row every week. The business needs dictate that we are busy on Friday and Saturdays, so we currently get one weekend off a month. The trade off with this is that you have every Sunday off and a day during the week, which is great for me because you can get personal stuff done during the week and have family time all day on Sunday.

Advice to Management

Keep up the continued efforts by living the ESS values and to never lose touch of the employees when making decisions/changes that affect those outside of yourselves.

Extra Space Storage2019-10-22
  2. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Extra Space Storage full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've worked at Extra Space for many years now, and it has been a great place to work. Growth has been a constant, which has brought new opportunities and improvements. The culture is positive and supportive. Work-life balance is good. Management takes what they hear from employees seriously.

Cons

No job is ever perfect, but I can't think of anything to complain of at the moment.

Advice to Management

Progress in the last few years has shown that management is really listening to employees concerns and keeping competitive with other companies.

Extra Space Storage2019-10-21

Discover more reviews about Extra Space Storage.