Extra Space Storage - Storage: A hidden jem career that boasts growth and opportunity; based on merit! | Glassdoor

"Storage: A hidden jem career that boasts growth and opportunity; based on merit!"

Current Employee - District Team Leader in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Extra Space Storage full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Quality of life, Pay, Benefits, Growth opportunity, Easy access and prompt response from corporate personnel and operations teams/departments, Visual and interactive training and development, Company Values, and the list can really go on and on. I feel valued as an employee of 11 years, so I feel there are many pro's with Extra Space Storage.

Cons

The only con I've heard from other employees is not having 2 days off in a row every week. The business needs dictate that we are busy on Friday and Saturdays, so we currently get one weekend off a month. The trade off with this is that you have every Sunday off and a day during the week, which is great for me because you can get personal stuff done during the week and have family time all day on Sunday.

Advice to Management

Keep up the continued efforts by living the ESS values and to never lose touch of the employees when making decisions/changes that affect those outside of yourselves.

Extra Space Storage2019-10-22
  1. "Good experience overall"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Extra Space Storage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Schedule Good a d easy work life balance People Fun Easy

Cons

Limited growth opportunities Non dynamic

Extra Space Storage2019-11-05
  2. "Great company to grow with!"

Current Employee - District Team Leader in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Extra Space Storage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company, benefits, work/life balance and opportunities for advancement

Cons

Health insurance can be a bit expensive however the company is always looking for ways to manage cost for the employees.

Extra Space Storage2019-11-04

Discover more reviews about Extra Space Storage.